DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

Sanshiro Takagi can be vague but:

DDT's new head trainer Jun Akiyama will train DDT's roster members and rookies, the Royal Road/ Baba-ism is being passed down from Jun to the other wrestlers and rookies in both training, style and kayfabe.  While DDT however retains their entertainment style: the comedy and gimmicks and gimmick matches etc. Other pro wrestling styles are still allowed in DDT.

Pro Wrestling NOAH uses a modified form of 90's Royal Road in booking, style, philosophy but won't be doing any of DDT's wackyness of course.

In the old days it was NJPW vs AJPW pre 2000, now it will be both CyberFight brands DDT/NOAH where the AJPW position was.

Edited by D.Z
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, D.Z said:

NOAH's roll call of successive GHC Heavyweight Champions

Thanks, @D.Z. Love that NOAH and NJPW do this.

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

Love the Global Honor Crown theme. 

Same here.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Some notes:

Tenryu praised Muto and Kenoh in one article. Even though that article didn't mention it,  Mutoh's GHC title win is parallel of Tenryu's IWGP HW win.

Kenoh aims to be the Strongest in this business, not the Jumbo meaning of that but the Inoki meaning of who is the strongest.

Sakuraba's son is entering Quintet, maybe NOAH could sign him later.

I read some stuff from articles so I am gonna just smash info together with stuff I know:

Cyberfight was born of making operations easier and better fiscally.  The integration of back offices such as accounting and general affairs is already being completed, and business efficiency has been improved.

They have 3 to 5 year plan to grow,  Sanshiro Takagi said they will focus other ways besides ticket attendance as I said before in different posts, so expect more digital content, distribution content, digitizing tickets, merch etc.  The NOAH Budokan ppv sold well, further use of ppv is another way they will try to increase business. Online sales are also up.

Sanshiro Takagi said in the United States, WWE broadcasting rights and distribution billing has become the main source of their money instead of tickets sales, they're looking at different ways to make money in 2021 like WWE.

Sanshiro Takagi also said only NOAH can lead to the top, so sounds like eventually NOAH will get the top spot brand wise, but he also thinks DDT also has a role to expand the base of the professional wrestling.

CyberFightFestival2021 will have some kinda gimmick to get new non pro wrestling fans into pro-wresting, what it is I can't say yet.

Anyway another interview is coming with Akiyama and Muto soon, so expect more info maybe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On the plus side, I think the Great Muta could still pull that off.

Spoiler

I'm actually looking forward to Kenoh-Fujita. I haven't really enjoyed Kenoh's last few defenses but I liked Go-Fujita from last year.

Muto kinda both doing the space rolling elbow and the jumping rolling sobat kick again is interesting, but still probably his lower back needs surgery work. For a long time he would never really both do those moves in years.  I've read he lost about 11 pounds recently due to enteritis.

Anyway for the GHC HW tags

Spoiler

Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya won the GHC HW tags.

EwXaQUxVEA0Vbtj?format=jpg&name=large

Kaito will further change away from Misawa, he mentioned dropping the green and using gold instead and his modified headbutt. He also added the jumping knee and other stuff like working arms. He mentioned Natural Born Master is the Mutoh he grew up with watching not 3 musketeers Muto. 

March 14 was the last time Mutoh did the moonsault in 2018 in Wrestle 1, same day again in 2021. Hmmm.