DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

SPOILER WARNING. Go Shiosaki vs. Keiji Muto result. 

Spoiler

EuBVSxmXMAUlFr-?format=jpg&name=small

Keiji Muto joins Kensuke Sasaki and Yoshihiro Takayama to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, AJPW Triple Crown and Pro Wrestling NOAH's GHC Heavyweight Championship.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

The poster with the 6 on it is who they're pushing and will be pushing it seems. They kept most matches short with the main nearly 30 mins.

Spoiler

Muto's promos post match comments are kinda face but heelish. He put over Go as dangerous and strong and Muto wants to only defend the belt twice a year like boxing. Aims to have no spectator restrictions.

Kenoh vs Kendo for the GHC National is next. 

Edited by D.Z

11 hours ago, D.Z said:

Somebody on Japanese twitter said the new logo looks like an arc sailing towards you.

Shit, would have never thought about that. I like it a lot more now. The simplicity of the last one was very nice and I was thinking this one looked too much like an American football team logo, but the arc thing is cool. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Well, it was about as good as you can expect from a match involving a 58 year old man with knees made of oatmeal. I mean he can barely walk, and probably shouldn't, and you could tell. I really wasn't sure whether him deciding to not do the moonsault was a piece of psychology or a decision made on the fly. Same goes for him not being able to lift Go for the Frosion on the first try. The grappling at the beginning was good enough. My distaste for the Fighting Spirit no-selling is still strong but Mutoh's selling has always been staring off in the distance really. Go almost murdered him with that brainbuster (or was it an attempted Go Flasher?) off the top, fuckin' hell. 

If Mutoh only works twice a year and his opponents work to his limitations then this could pass for at least a year. This match reminded me of something Jericho wrote in his first book, that Mutoh was one of the guys who had "red light fever" who would only really turn it on when the cameras rolled. Now we know that is not really the case considering the enormous body of Lazy Mutoh work out there, but this had to be his best match since at least the early 2000s so I give him credit. Maybe the red light worked this time? 

• Like 1

Noah stuff

Spoiler

Kendo Kashin said ever he since entered pro wrestling he wanted to challenge for the GHC National title. The title was made in 2019 so the dude's being wacky with spacetime.

Anyway as for Kaito he wants to challenge Mutoh for the GHC HW title, maybe Mutoh will refuse and face someone else first. I guess we could expect both National title and some non title main events for this year if Mutoh rarely defends his title.

• Haha 2

I enjoyed the match for what it was. It felt a little more like a spectacle than a match at times.

Spoiler

That fucked up super Go Flasher! A little sad Go's reign ended like this but the match was good. Just get me to Kaito winning it. 

9 hours ago, D.Z said:

Good match. 

Reveal hidden contents

In the end Muto really needed to put Go away with a rare move of his own.

Haven't watched NOAH closely in over a decade. Go looks completely different then the generic look he had ten years ago.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:
  Hide contents

Well, it was about as good as you can expect from a match involving a 58 year old man with knees made of oatmeal. I mean he can barely walk, and probably shouldn't, and you could tell. I really wasn't sure whether him deciding to not do the moonsault was a piece of psychology or a decision made on the fly.

Spoiler

The former, I believe. Didn't Muto say he had retired the moonsault when he got his knees replaced?

Spoiler

Yeah, he did a retirement tour for the moonsault before the most recent double knee surgeries, including that really fun tag against Danshoku Dino at I believe 2019's Peter Pan. Reverse green mist out of the anus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Noah stuff

Reveal hidden contents

Kendo Kashin said ever he since entered pro wrestling he wanted to challenge for the GHC National title. The title was made in 2019 so the dude's being wacky with spacetime.

Spoiler

wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-gif-7.gif

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Haven't watched NOAH closely in over a decade. Go looks completely different then the generic look he had ten years ago.

Go's new look threw me too having seen clips of him last year compared to what he used to wear.

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Go's new look threw me too having seen clips of him last year compared to what he used to wear.

I've been hearing good things about Go over that past year maybe. I probably won't get the Peacock network after WWE network moves over there so it'll leave me room for another promotion to follow. I might consider following NOAH. I'll most likely reup my NJPW world subscription finally once the WWE is done.  Theyve done alot of rebranding over the years, it'll be fun getting back into NOAH after all these years 

• Like 1