DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

NOAH doesn't make those roster graphs anymore.

Perros was done away with sometime ago. And M's alliance suspended activities as a unit months ago.

Only NOAH army, Kongoh, Sugiura Army, STINGER exist right now. Of course there freelancer and other guys from other companies. Sometimes Noah Junior Army and rookies may get separated groupings blocks. 

Funky Express exists. But not as a unit, lower than 3 men grouped together.

Kongoh is just assholes. Masakatsu Funaki is a face.

The current roster page below counting everyone they currently use and will use and used briefly these past few months

https://www.noah.co.jp/profile/

Some players will be deleted from the page later.

Edited by Red King
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Who is Jack Morris, and why does he look like the lovechild of Seth Rollins and Juice Robinson?

I think he looks like Drew McIntyre. A bit.

Man's from Fife, Scotland, UK. He is 6' 0" and 205 lbs and he is 29 years old. He came from the Scottish Indys.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red King said:

The complete card for Mr.Mutoh's retirement show will be announced later today.

Today is the last ever Great Muta match.

C&P from f4wonline.com with full card for Keiji Muto's retirement show in the Tokyo Dome, 21st February:

• Keiji Muto (NOAH) vs. Tetsuya Naito (NJPW)
  • Non-title: Kazuchika Okada (NJPW) vs. Kaito Kiyomiya (NOAH)
  • Non-title: Hiromu Takahashi (NJPW) vs. AMAKUSA (NOAH)
  • NOSAWA and MAZADA (NOAH) vs. Gedo and Taiji Ishimori (NJPW)
  • Kento Miyahara, SUWAMA, and Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW) vs. Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, and Manabu Soya (NOAH)
  • Shun Skywalker, KAI, and Diamante (Dragongate) vs. Naomichi Marufuji, Hijo Del Dr. Wagner Jr., and Ninja Mack (NOAH)
  • Shunma Katsumata, Toui Kojima, Mao, and Yuki Ueno vs. Tetsuya Endo, Hideki Okatani, Yuya Koroku, and Takeshi Masada (DDT)
  • Eita, Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA, Daga, and Chris Ridgeway vs. Atsushi Kotoge, YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka, Alejandro, and Junta Miyawaki (NOAH)
  • Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima, and Timothy Thatcher vs. Jake Lee, Jack Morris, and Anthony Greene (NOAH)
  • Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, Rika Tatsumi, and Shoko Nakajiuma vs. Mizuki, Miu Watanabe, Maki Itoh, and Yuki Arai (Tokyo Joshi Pro)
  • Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba vs. Yoshiki Inamura and Yasutaka Yano (NOAH)
  • Like 4

8433 fans for Muta's last show. 

The canvas mat was white without the green barriers and with the words. With unique aprons.

Might go nowhere, but NOAH could create the GHC Women title. Sumire and Jungle Kyona think it would be a good idea.

• Like 1

From Purolove

NOAH "SUNNY VOYAGE 2023", 04.02.2023 (Wrestle Universe)
Nippon Totor Green Dome Maebashi

- Takashi Sugiura, Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. & Timothy Thatcher vs. Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Manabu Soya
- Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs. Jack Morris & Jake Lee

NOAH "STAR NAVIGATION 2023", 05.02.2023 (Wrestle Universe)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

- Kaito Kiyomiya, Takashi Sugiura & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Jack Morris, Jake Lee & Anthony Greene
- Satoshi Kojima  vs. Masa Kitamiya
- GHC National Title: Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. (c) vs. Manabu Soya
- Kinya Okada Return Match: Kinya Okada & Taishi Ozawa vs. Tadasuke & Hi69
- Timothy Thatcher & Hideki Suzuk vs. Masaaki Mochizuki  & Shuhei Taniguchi

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2023 IN OSAKA", 12.02.2023 (Abema)
Osaka Edion Arena

- El Desperado  & NOSAWA Rongai vs. YO-HEY & Seiki Yoshioka
- Kazuyuki Fujita, Hideki Suzuki & Timothy Thatcher vs. Masato Tanaka , Masaaki Mochizuki  & Yoshiki Inamura
- Naomichi Marufuji, Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr., AMAKUSA & Ninja Mack vs. Masakatsu Funaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Shuji Kondo & Hi69
- Kenoh & Manabu Soya vs. Jake Lee & Anthony Greene
- GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yoshinari Ogawa & Eita  (c) vs. Junta Miyawaki & Alejandro
- Atsushi Kotoge vs. Dralistico
- GHC Tag Team Title: Takashi Sugiura & Satoshi Kojima  (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya & Daiki Inaba
- GHC Heavyweight Title: Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Jack Morris

Watched some of this show. Basically skipped onto the main event. Very entertaining retirement match. Nowhere near as good as the greatest retirement match ever. That being Kenta Kobashi’s. That hit all the right spots, between the emotional journey of Kobashi’s cancer recovery, Misawa’s death, and the feeling at one point the same faith might befall Kobashi if he didn’t retire, but also looking back it felt like one last hurrah of King’s Road bridging from All Japan to NOAH.

This one felt a lot more elaborate, and kinda weird. For one this is Great Muta’s retirement match in Pro Wrestling NOAH. I’m guessing that’s because Mutoh has some sort of creative stake in the promotion now, so he wants the company’s label on it. Still extremely weird, but skipping around the show this is definitely not Misawa’s baby anymore. The titles for each match tipped me off to that. I mean I noticed the changes last year on my brief dip into the company. This felt way more noticeable . It’s definitely visually appealing. I’d even say they feel even more big time than New Japan. But here’s the thing, something just feels temporary about this NOAH. It was the same with Wrestle-1. Mutoh just kinda sucks when booking way beyond his generation, and the best he ever got was All Japan when him, and the 90’s guys weren’t worn to the bone.

On the bright side, these NJPW Vs. NOAH shows have gotten a lot of buzz. Let’s see if they can grip people past the visuals, headline grabbing retirement shows, and cross promotion warfare. Because we know that never lasts. What holds fans are the future acts that feel fresh, but give you a sense of seeing a turning point. Funny that Okada may be the catalyst of great turning points for two decades(Maybe three if you count Sugiura spiking him). From him beating Tanahashi the first time, and now Kaito with that kick on the noggin. A kick that I’m definitely sure Okada wasn’t aware was coming. Either that or he’s the greatest actor when receiving shoot kicks to the face. The stuff with the match breaking down was definitely planned though. I just don’t think Okada was expecting the placement of that kick to be so high, and precise. That was incredible stuff. I’m just not a total believer in Kaito recreating that feeling four, or five times a year, and that’s what is holding me back. It just doesn’t help that he doesn’t have a  persona yet whatsoever. You actually need that to be a big star, not just colorful outfits, and big coats. That works for boxers, but not wrestlers.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Muta looks to have tweaked his hammy at some point in the match. He motioned it to Sting afterwards and was in a wheelchair backstage for his post-match promo.  I find it amusing that kayfabe-wise, Muta speaks English. The one point I spoke to him outside of gimmick, he didn't.

I LOVED how much fan-service the main event gave, from the Great Kabuki to Sting's entrance beginning with his classic 89-92 WCW entrance theme. I was not expecting a death bump from Hakushi in 2023 either.

I wasn't familiar with much of NOAH's roster aside from the Kaito/Kenou championship rivalry prior to these recent shows but I am DIGGING and looking forward to seeing more from: Amakusa, Maya Kitamiya, and Inamura. I am definitely keeping the wrestleUNIVERSE sub after the wave of Muta/Mutoh shows complete.

And seeing the few minutes of Sting and Hakushi together makes me pine for the alternate universe where Hakushi goes to WCW in 96 and the two of them have an AMAZING 7-minute WCW Worldwide main event in that pre-Crow Sting window.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ace said:

Muta looks to have tweaked his hammy at some point in the match. He motioned it to Sting afterwards and was in a wheelchair backstage for his post-match promo.  I find it amusing that kayfabe-wise, Muta speaks English. The one point I spoke to him outside of gimmick, he didn't.

Didn't he do a shoot interview in english at one point?

Meltzer:

As of last night, the Okada-Kiyomiya angle, which builds to the 2/21 show at the Tokyo Dome had more than 2.5 million views which is a good number for a WWE angle, a great number for an AEW angle and an unbelievable number for a Japanese angle.

• Like 3