DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

10 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

Finally got around to Sugiura-Gun vs The Aggression. Really good match, Kitamiya-Sugiura interactions were great. Nakajima laid it into Sakuraba. Nasty ending, really don't like those legit headbutts.

Sucks to read legit headbutts were used. Needs to be long gone in wrestling.

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

Sucks to read legit headbutts were used. Needs to be long gone in wrestling.

The one had to be because Kitamiya began bleeding right after. I felt the ending they wanted could have been achieved without it. It always takes me out of matches. 

More people need to learn how Miyahara does headbutts, with his heel stomp generating loud thuds. His look nasty but are safe. 

Edited by Spontaneous
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

The one had to be because Kitamiya began bleeding right after. I felt the ending they wanted could have been achieved without it. It always takes me out of matches. 

More people need to learn how Miyahara does headbutts with his heel stomp generating loud thuds. His look nasty but are safe. 

Real headbutts do me as well. People should take heed and look what happened to Katsuyori Shibata, all of them caught up and he nearly died in what turned out to be his last match vs. Kazuchika Okada at Sakura Genesis 2017. Nearly stopped me giving it the full *****.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the new Number Web article:

Muto said he joined NOAH so he could eat delicious foods. But in serious business:

In the interview, Muto tried to make W-1 bigger but their reach was limited. But NOAH's reach with ABEMA tv is larger and allows people with smartphones to watch too. Cyberfight hired Muto to expand and grow the brand overseas, he is a name people remember in the west. Muto and the older guys like Funaki and Fujita were brought in to fill in the blanks left by Misawa and Kobashi, which they felt they had lack of seniors.

Eventually they plan to hold 10 000 fans someday.

ABEMA plans to improve their service and create site that's better for NOAH. New server system with better quality of images.

There's something extra depressing about seeing Mutoh, who basically resisted decades of the genre zeitgeist swinging towards being stiffer, or head-droppier, or somehow more genuinely violent, taking a hard-way headbutt at goddamn 60 years old. 

Edited by Beech27
  • Like 2

Sugi beat Fujita for the National title, he will face Sakuraba for his first defense.

Muto beat Masa, Muto vs Marufuji genius battle for the GHC HW title is next. At the CyberFight Fes 2021 show.

E0JKvM7VEAI04nj?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by D.Z

8 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Is it worth ordering a replay of the PPV from last night?

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/

They had the English feed as well. And yes the show was great. The last 4 matches in particular. Muta match started slow but was fantastic after the first 10 or so. Fujita-Sugiura was the match of the night.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 6:59 AM, Kardo said:

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/

They had the English feed as well. And yes the show was great. The last 4 matches in particular. Muta match started slow but was fantastic after the first 10 or so. Fujita-Sugiura was the match of the night.

Thanks, I signed up for it, and watched an hour so far of the show. I don't know why but I've always been fascinated with the company since its inception. I just wish they had more older stuff to stream.

5 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Thanks, I signed up for it, and watched an hour so far of the show. I don't know why but I've always been fascinated with the company since its inception. I just wish they had more older stuff to stream.

Owned by G+ is the issue.

• Like 1

Full Throttle is no more, and ex members have joined the other remaining units. Yoshioka turned on Ohara to join Stinger, while YO-HEY left the group to join Nosawa's group.

Edited by D.Z

Re-subbed to Wrestling Universe today, I'm looking forward to Cyberfight Festival and wanted to brush up on everyone. 

Just watched Sugiura-Fujita and Kitamiya-Muto. I loved Fujita-Sugiura, I felt it was a strong style-esque grumpy old men, it was great. They said this was their first singles match, hopefully it isn't their last. 

I felt Muto-Kitamiya was Muto's best singles match so far. I hated the Kiyomiya match but this was much better. Enjoyed Muto having to use his veteran instincts to get the upper hand against the younger, aggressive Masa. The kneeling figure four headbutt didn't look legit like the tag titles match I complained about earlier in this thread and I hope it wasn't.  I think Muto vs Marufuji will be OK, feels like a filler defense. 

I wouldn't mind a Muto-Fujita match after the Marufuji defense. Give me more angry old men extracting joy from beating each other up. 

• 2 weeks later...