DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

A lot of people seem to think that Mutoh is winning the belt here, but I hope NOAH realizes this is not the way go.

Having your company ace lose to a barely mobile 58-year old is not how you grow your company, even if that 58-year old is one of the biggest legends of the sport without doubt. That's a WWE-style move and even in the corny cartoony sports-entertainment world of WWE this is barely acceptable, but at least there you expect this kind of stuff.

Sure, it would create some headlines, but in terms of actually establishing yourselves as the No. 2 promotion in Japan and as a serious alternative to New Japan, this would be a huge step backwards instead of forwards in my opinion.

• Like 1

Most people in Japan are fine with Muto, he also put on a good match with Kaito.  M.Suzuki in NJPW is 52 and is still good, so in this day and age with stem cells and rapid advances in healthcare, age shouldn't matter much unless you are around 70 to 100.

Still I expect Go to win because of the booking patterns, but who knows really.

Muto can always go win the National belt instead later.

Minoru Suzuki was a GHC Heavyweight Champion at 47 and isn't even the oldest-ever champion, cause god damn I forgot Takashi Sugiura is currently 50 so he was champ at 48. To put all this in perspective, Bob Backlund was 45 when he beat Bret, Hogan was 48 when he went over HHH, Ric Flair's final reign was at 51, Terry Funk was the ECW champ at 52, the recent Goldberg shit @ 53. The oldest IWGP and Triple Crown champ was Tenryu at 49 and 51, respectively. I think the next-oldest people to ever hold the IWGP and TC max out at 46 years old, a group including ... *pretends to check my notes* Keiji Mutoh, twelve years ago.

Mutoh winning at 58 is absurd and I can't think of any obvious precedent.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

Somebody on Japanese twitter said the new logo looks like an arc sailing towards you.

The new graphics for vs screens 

Et_tnLiVcAM-iNx?format=jpg&name=large

New big screen

EuAcdX6UUAAvGFs?format=jpg&name=small

The giant Japanese flag is on above.

Probably expect spots or moves on the ramp like the old days.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

Some spoilers:

Spoiler

Atsushi Kotoge vs the new GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Seiki Yoshioka is next.

Kenoh retained and became the strongest.

Muto won! 

Kaito Kiyomiya challenged Muto to a title match after Muto's victory in the main event, but Muto left the ring without answering..

EuBebxoUYAAYhJk?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2