DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 9/22/20

Fun X Division opener, great heel move from Rohit. The #Heath4Impact vignette was amazing, loved that. Funny backstage bit with John E Bravo's wedding party as well. Glad to see Eddie back and getting his rematch. Sami/RVD was a pretty good brawl. Glad to see Tenille back in action, always one of the best. I hope we get to see Tenille vs Deonna at some point.

Results:

Spoiler

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 22, 2020

*Trey def. Chris Bey & TJP (7:12) via Meteora on TJP to win an X Division title shot.

*Rohit Raju(c) def. Trey (0:09) via rollup with tights pulled to retain the X Division Championship.

*Susie (w/ Kylie Rae) def. Kimber Lee (w/ Deonna Purrazzo) (12:56) with the Panic Switch after Deonna's interference backfired. After the match, Deonna attacked Kylie and Susie but Kylie fought Deonna off and tossed her from the ring. Kylie then got the mic and challenged Deonna to a title match at Bound for Glory. 

*The Deaners came out for a match but Eric Young attacked them during their entrance and laid them both out with the Piledriver. Young got the mic and asked if Eddie Edwards, Rich Swann, and Scott D'Amore were watching. Young said what happens next is D'Amore's fault. 2 Security guards ran out but Young fought them off. Young put Cousin Jake in a leglock until Scott D'Amore came to the ring to stop him. Young cornered D'Amore until Eddie Edwards returned to make the save.

*Rob Van Dam (w/ Katie Forbes) def. Sami Callihan (10:42) with a double leg clutch rollup after Katie sprayed hairspray in Sami's eyes. After the match, RVD & Katie attacked Sami until Sami used a steel chair to knock RVD out of the ring. Sami then hit the Piledriver on Katie and stood tall in the end. 

Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb Konley) def. Jordynne Grace (9:08) with the Spotlight Kick after a distraction from Kaleb.

• Like 3

Susie trying to do the splits after Kimber did them was wonderfully goofy. Then if you watch at the very end you can see her behind Kylie doing the full Su grimace for a split second, nice and creepy.

Oh man Heath buying a bunch of Cameos ? See, THIS is why I love Impact. 

I wonder how many people are gonna call Moose's number? Does anyone besides us watch Impact anymore?

Eric still needs the beard. The menthols-and-bourbon voice is killing it though. 

Main was the other reason I love Impact, a very solid nine minutes from the Knockouts. Don't remember anything about Tenille from WWE besides the dumb dance but she's good at cheapshotting old-fashioned heel offense. Jordynne hit a Michinoku Driver that looked better than any I've seen in years. I'm not sure about Tenille using the crappy thigh-slap dropkick as a finish though, that wouldn't even look good as a signature move really. 

• Like 2