DVDVR Message Board

UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa (9/26/2020) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UFC Fight Island)

Elsalvajeloco

Yeah, I basically see it as Costa beating the hell out of the air around Adesanya but completely failing to land a single damaging shot, and then fading from exhaustion and the accumulation of damage from Izzy's counters.

30 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That's the thing that has me worried about Costa's chances. I watched some of his finishes and they almost all start with him pressuring the opp up against the cage and then unleashing hell. I don't think you can catch Adesanya like that. We shall see if he's able to cut off the cage but I have my doubts. But man was that Romero fight insanity with both guys taking some scary punishment.

Do you think if this happened in the smaller cage it would make a differnce?

Seems like it makes a bigger difference than I would have thought. But it all depends on how aggressive Adesanya will be really. If he doesn't want to engage unless it's counters and maybe the odd flurry, I think he'll have little trouble staying at distance. I'd love to see it break down into a brawl but I have a hard time seeing Adesanya giving away his advantages at distance and in a more controlled setting. Conditioning could be another thing to keep in mind if it goes three plus. I'm excited because it's hard to really know what's going to happen. Costa is such a freak and isn't a mindless bull in a china shop in that he has some acumen in closing the distance but is it good enough and with a 30 foot cage? And I still feel like Adesanya doing the matrix dodges a la Anderson is a really easy way to get clipped and go night night.