DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Diogo Jota: very good at football. He's got to start in place of Firmino at this rate. I adore Bobby with all my heart but Jota has been incredibly efficient and is such a complete player that he may be able to do the job Bobby does though with more of an eye for goal and less of a creator. Firmino's struggled for a while now. He should bounce back but right now ride the hot hand.

Great weighted through ball by Shaq too.

Sir Bobby Charlton has been diagnosed with dementia. The news follows the deaths of his fellow World Cup winners, older brother Jack Charlton in July and Nobby Stiles on Friday, both also had dementia.

2020 sucks. Dementia is so cruel. My late Nan had it and died from it ten years ago in August 2010.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Sir Bobby Charlton has been diagnosed with dementia. The news follows the deaths of his fellow World Cup winners, older brother Jack Charlton in July and Nobby Stiles on Friday, both also had dementia.

2020 sucks. Dementia is so cruel. My late Nan had it and died from it ten years ago in August 2010.

Not football related but dementia also claimed the life of Tom Seaver last month as well. He was the greatest player in New York Mets history and was simply known as "The Franchise".

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2020 at 12:24 PM, Jiji said:

Diogo Jota: very good at football. He's got to start in place of Firmino at this rate. I adore Bobby with all my heart but Jota has been incredibly efficient and is such a complete player that he may be able to do the job Bobby does though with more of an eye for goal and less of a creator. Firmino's struggled for a while now. He should bounce back but right now ride the hot hand.

Great weighted through ball by Shaq too.

this man knows!

I turned the game on at work during lunch and saw 5 and immediately worried then was pleasantly surprised. Hell yes. If we can stabilize our back (and I think regaining some offensive proficiency will help as teams will be more reluctant to send bodies forward), we could be in the picture even without VVD. I'd still like for the club to pick up a vet in the winter transfer window. They'd be cup tied but hope that Matip can stay healthy for Europe.

This schedule sucks. And fuck international breaks too. We now have one centre back and it's Joel Matip. What could go wrong? 

Well at least we can look forward to a breezy, light December fixture list before the transfer window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

This schedule sucks. And fuck international breaks too. We now have one centre back and it's Joel Matip. What could go wrong? 

Well at least we can look forward to a breezy, light December fixture list before the transfer window. 

With you on the schedule and international breaks. Heard on the radio that Joe Gomez is likely to be out longer than Virgil van Djik. That's something when VVD's done his ACL in.