DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

The only thing people are really talking about on the subreddit is the hangout with the character you romanced. And quite frankly it’s a little weird just how into that people are.

This update doesn’t really give anything new to the game, besides a more scenic fast travel option. Yeah, sure, there’s gameplay balances and fixes and stuff like that. But nothing that makes someone like me want to come back. I’ve 100% cleared the main game, few trophies left in Phantom Liberty… but eh.

I said goodbye to this game today. No NG+ (I get it) so there’s no reason for me to continue on, really. See you in 10 years for the sequel!

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The only thing people are really talking about on the subreddit is the hangout with the character you romanced. And quite frankly it’s a little weird just how into that people are.

This update doesn’t really give anything new to the game, besides a more scenic fast travel option. Yeah, sure, there’s gameplay balances and fixes and stuff like that. But nothing that makes someone like me want to come back. I’ve 100% cleared the main game, few trophies left in Phantom Liberty… but eh.

I said goodbye to this game today. No NG+ (I get it) so there’s no reason for me to continue on, really. See you in 10 years for the sequel!

I'm not real sure how to feel about the "hang out" but I can see the appeal to people that really get into the roleplaying aspect of these games. In a lot of games you romance someone, get in a relationship, whatever but in the gameplay there are no changes. You have the little cut scene and from then on its business as usual which isn't "realistic" until there may be a special end game cut scene. So I figure the same people that actually try to make their character a "real person" (so to speak) that sleeps regularly and has long extra dialogues instead of just hitting all the checkboxes of what makes a video game exist, I can see why they'd enjoy the feature.

For me, none of that is really appealing, I'm not the type of person that turns on "must eat" and "must sleep" in hardcore mode for games like Skyrim. I don't need my video game characters to have a realistic day to day existence, but to some its part of the immersive fun.

I think I'm in Casey's camp even though I haven't played Phantom Liberty. I pretty much cleared out the base game when it was buggy as fuck, found all of the side stories, the few of them that were there, pretty lackluster compared to what's in the Witcher 3, and there's just not much for me to come back to. After playing it for long enough, I felt that the game world was just very hollow compared to the Witcher 3. I'm guilty of setting my expectations too high.

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm not real sure how to feel about the "hang out" but I can see the appeal to people that really get into the roleplaying aspect of these games. In a lot of games you romance someone, get in a relationship, whatever but in the gameplay there are no changes. You have the little cut scene and from then on its business as usual which isn't "realistic" until there may be a special end game cut scene. So I figure the same people that actually try to make their character a "real person" (so to speak) that sleeps regularly and has long extra dialogues instead of just hitting all the checkboxes of what makes a video game exist, I can see why they'd enjoy the feature.

For me, none of that is really appealing, I'm not the type of person that turns on "must eat" and "must sleep" in hardcore mode for games like Skyrim. I don't need my video game characters to have a realistic day to day existence, but to some its part of the immersive fun.

Maybe, but the subreddit is especially horny and lamenting about Judy laying in their lap or taking screenshots of Panam in her underwear. It’s just a really weird addition. CDPR knows what they’re doing with something like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Maybe, but the subreddit is especially horny and lamenting about Judy laying in their lap or taking screenshots of Panam in her underwear. It’s just a really weird addition. CDPR knows what they’re doing with something like that.

I definitely won't deny there is a uh fanservice element and some people take it to a weird place.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 is randomly on sale on the PSN store. Is it actually playable on a base PS4 now, or is it "Wait until you own a PS5 and it goes on sale again" forever?

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it on PS4 and am playing it now. It works. 

It's very annoying when you get the flashback Johnny Silverhands scenes, and he's got shitloads of health and his handcannon instakills almost everyone, and then you go back to playing V and she's so much weaker and the enemies are bullet sponges.

The bartender who is also a racecar engineer, who takes you illegal street racing, she's the nicest character I've met so far.

The depressed Cop neighbour, it said go away and come back later to talk to him, and then it said come back to check on him, but I had no vehicle and was on the other side of the city for days. When I made it back, he was dead. But I don't think it was my fault for not saving him.

The Johnny gameplay is either that way because he was an experienced merc and V very much isn’t, or he’s an unreliable narrator and the engram is lying to you about how good he was. There’s also a theory online that Morgan Blackhand is responsible for the Arasaka Tower bombing, not Johnny, but he leaves that detail out because he’s a narcissist.

The depressed Cop neighbor, there’s definitely an outcome where he lives because I remember talking to him. I think you might get a quest from him too, I can’t remember. But it’s interesting to know that it’s seemingly a time gated, missable thing.

PS4 version is likely as stable as it’ll ever get, but believe me - it was ROUGH on launch. It sucks that last gen doesn’t get the (excellent) DLC, though.

I own the Cyberpunk Red TTRPG, I already knew the Johnny Silverhard lore. Although his gun is lot more OP in the videogame than it is in tabletop. It's Powerful in the TTRPG, but it's not the one-shot kill (headshots aren't just total decapitations, the whole entire head is just gone) it is in the game.