DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

I am a few hours into the game and I have seen some good and bad.  Some cutscenes are fixed (V now gasps and holds his head after coming out of the test braindance after the BD roller is flatlined) but others are not (T-Bug's dialogue in the training VR is still broken).

Also the new patch apparently has broken the AI that fixed motorists.   At one point CDPR fixed it so that drivers would not run you over if you ran out in front of a car, but now they are back to plowing into you again.

Monowire is fixed so I am going to try to stick with this playthrough for as long as I can before I become annoyed enough to quit and wait for the next go round of patches.  It's a good thing that Greedfall Deluxe Edition is on sale this week for eleven American dollars. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am giggling at you going scorched Earth over Destiny but yet will still slam your head against the game

It's not costing me Season Pass or DLC money, is it? ?

Edited by J.T.

If it starts to annoy me I can always put it down until the next update and play something else from my List of Shame in the interim.  It is the opposite of the FOMO effect that D2 has.

I should probably buy Greedfall while it's still on sale.

Edited by J.T.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just your sanity 

Also, you make it sound like I would not be constantly pissing and moaning to you about how much I hate the current D2 storyline or about how bad the Crucible is over game chat.  it's not like you don't set your profile to "appear offline" so that you can avoid my tirades.

Me suffering in silence with 2077 is preferable, yes? 

Edited by J.T.

I never really had a D2 group to play with overall, and every time I load that up I'm just overwhelmed by it all and sadly my gaming timing is so limited that grinding against that thing never makes sense (yet, I keep paying for that damn thing like a fool). 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I never really had a D2 group to play with overall, and every time I load that up I'm just overwhelmed by it all and sadly my gaming timing is so limited that grinding against that thing never makes sense (yet, I keep paying for that damn thing like a fool). 

There were times I felt that FOMO was going to kill me but the grind was required, less I missed out on the must have Exotic of the season or wasn't high enough LL to participate in Master Nightfalls or Iron Banner because I did not level up the Artifact.

Now that I am out, it's hard to think I can get back in because the struggle to catch up feels like it would be too much.

Edited by J.T.

I like to wander around Night City to see what's up and yeah, while the quests may be mostly fixed the game is still kinda broken.

There are still instances of clothes clipping (do not wear high tops with straightcut pants) and also people clipping as well (I saw two citizens sitting on the same spot of the same bench and they were nearly melded together). 

The spot near Club Totenkoph where vehicles just spawn out of the ground and explode is still there.  It nearly killed me while I was in the middle of one of Regina Jones's cyberpsycho missions.

The ability to immerse yourself in the story has improved greatly, but game world immersion is a different story.  

The memory "improvements"  begins to rear its ugly head with the 1.31 update.  Not as many cars on the road and not as many unique NPCs in the crowds as before.

The rain effects are nice and the game has not skimped on atmospheric effects like water on the ground leaving a shimmer during the day and reflecting the light from various sources of illumination like neon signs and street lamps at night.

I'm still running into old dialogue bugs that have been around since forever like victims of random assaults thanking me before I have intervened.

The game still desperately needs HDR support.

I'll probably chip away at this "messing around" playthrough for another week or so and then quit until the next update hits.  I would like to think that the optimized for next gen version will have drastic improvements, but I am probably kidding myself.

Well, there is DLC content in the form of new clothing items for V but yeah, I think a brand new mission path is a long ways off.  Next gen shouldn't even come out until this game is patched and stable and the recurring dialogue bugs and this new wrinkle where enemies aggro on you from blocks away just tells me this game is still a mess..

I see myself buying Greedfall before the weekend is out and putting this game back down until the next major update.

Edited by J.T.

Well I cleared my cache, reinstalled, started a new game, and so far no dialogue bugs.  This game is starting to become Mafia III where you have to fucking reinstall every time you want to start a new game.

My stubborn insistence that I keep my melee skills maxed out has caused me to unlock the True Warrior achievement without even realizing it.  I've been grinding Street Cred so that I could install a 7 buffer cyberdeck to farm money from Access Points so now I am just about ready to finally go through with the actual heist mission.

22 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Is this game worth buying on PS4? I was going to buy it a while back but was put off when I heard about all of the problems. Is it any better?

If you have a PS4 Pro, it'll work ok for the most part, regular PS4 is a no go.

I have a PS5 and it still crashed at least once every time I played. I haven't touched it since launch, so maybe it's better, but I'm definitely waiting for a deep discount and the next gen version (if that even happens).

It's definitely a gorgeous game for sure, especially on next gen hardware, but being pretty doesn't make up for crashes and noticeable bugs (and patches that break things that weren't broken before, while fixing previously broken things).

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

If you have a PS4 Pro, it'll work ok for the most part, regular PS4 is a no go.

I don't. I was probably just gonna see if I could buy a physical copy used at a Gamestop or something (gotta support Cameron Grimes TO THE MOON!!!).

13 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Probably worth it for the eventual PS5 version since you're supposed to get a free upgrade.

The game is far more stable than it used to be, but it seems like every new patch breaks something else.  I'd wait to see how the next update fixes or breaks the game.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, Casey said:

I have a PS5 and it still crashed at least once every time I played. I haven't touched it since launch, so maybe it's better, but I'm definitely waiting for a deep discount and the next gen version (if that even happens).

It's definitely a gorgeous game for sure, especially on next gen hardware, but being pretty doesn't make up for crashes and noticeable bugs (and patches that break things that weren't broken before, while fixing previously broken things).

I picked it up for $10 new from Best Buy after playing a bit on a library rental. It's installed but haven't really touched it. Granted, I've put zero time into gaming this football season. I'm kind of hoping to log some hours in a few things over the weekend, and am thinking of taking a mental health holiday from work in a couple of weeks. 

Stuff being batted around for future improvements.

• Reworking the entire NCPD response system.
  • Factions will remember how you’ve behaved toward them in the past, and be hostile or passive toward you as a result. We are already starting to see bits of this, with Arasaka drones attacking players if you’ve started a new game post-patch 1.3.
  • An NPC variety system is being developed to give more diversity to both citizens and their vehicles.
  • A transmog system is coming, letting you have the stats of one piece of gear while skinning it to look like something else.
  • A change to gameplay difficulty balance, altering the current “DPS trumps everything” system. This will include strengths and weaknesses to different elemental types of damage and more RPG aspects than the game has now. This is reportedly something that got scrapped late into development.
  • A “couple dozen” pieces of free DLC, albeit they may still be very minor things like clothing or cars like we’ve seen.
  • A New Game Plus system.
  • Apartment customization with multiple places players can live and redesign.
  • A barbershop to alter your appearance (unclear if just hair, or everything).
  • Two large content DLCs, the first of which seems focused on Pacifica. This will not add a big new zone, but layer new content on top of existing zones. It will also take place before the end of the game with V, not be standalone or pick a canon ending. (You'd have to start a new game to play the content, so I hate this idea)
  • Cyberpunk is now replacing the formerly GTA Online-like system that was scrapped after being in development, and is a multiplayer concept focused on co-operative play (ie. Splinter Cell co-op missions). It’s described as a “small MMO.” But there are no guarantees that this will see the light of day and is the furthest thing down the road.

All are rumored to be discussed by devs in a future installment of Night City Wire.

Edited by J.T.