DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

When they get to the point where they are able to add features rather than clean up bugs, it would be nice if I were able to pick up all bodies and move them whether they be enemies or friends.  

I know they don't want me to get cheap skill points by pitching cops and civilians into a dumpster (just mark them as undumpable in the code, duh!), but it would be awesome to be able to loot items that are under a corpse I cannot move since it is not an enemy.

I beat Cyberpunk. I suppose I got the "good" ending. Since I don't care about going back to re-play it, I went and read what the other endings are.

Yeah, I don't think I'll miss this game. I will say this though, I think they have solid groundwork here for a good sequel. I know opinions differ, but I tend to think the Witcher 3 is close to being a masterpiece. It took many years to get to that point. So I'm at least optimistic that a sequel will be much better.

Another example I think of is GTA 3. Good game that laid the groundwork for really great shit from Vice City and San Andreas. I mean, remember when falling in water in GTA 3 meant instant death?

CDPR will be fine in time.

• Like 1

Okay, so I have finally figured out that the door with the keypad across from the Pachinko parlor in the Troublesome Neighbors gig does not work on purpose.

There is no code for the door.  You either need to have an obscenely high Technical Ability to hotwire the lock or Intellect score to hack open the door. 

Failing that, there is a platforming route that I found in this Steam message thread that shows you where go to get to the hidden Access Point.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/2988665684330050594/?ctp=2

You can make the jumps without the double jump cyberware, but having it makes the platforming easier.

I am beginning to suspect that the numerous inaccessible Access Points and chests I have passed on thinking that the game was bugged were actually accessible via alternate paths.

Edited by J.T.

So I found a spec for a shotgun called the Headsman. Holy shit this thing is great. It's really best suited for up close but man does it get the job done. Highly reccomend seeking it out. You get it from a crime in progress in Japantown (I think it was Japantown anyway - may wanna google it to make sure)

Between the shitty launch, the 1.11 patch that broke as many things as it fixed, and the recent security breach, I can dig CDPR taking some extra time to make sure that 1.2 fixes the things it's supposed to fix, doesn't break anything else, and is secure code.

Jesus, the people who are having problems with the Occupational Hazard gig must not know how to sneak or use a scanner.  If you move slowly along the gangplanks upstairs, the Mox cyberpsycho should not detect you unless you have a shit Cool stat.

Scanning the boss will reveal that she's weak to Poison so (duh!) arming yourself with Poison damage weapons (gas grenades, guns that do Chemical damage, the Contagion quickhack) might be a good idea.

There's also the thing where you don't even have to fire one shot to defeat her.   Just lure her near the Car Elevator in the garage and drop it on her head when she's standing close to it via Remote Deactivation.  It's a OHK and the reason you invested in a decent cyberdeck and own a good variety of quickhacks. 

She tends not to distract very easily, so my suggestion is to use a quickhack on her (preferably Contagion) while you are hiding from her upstairs and have yourself in position to drop the Car Elevator on her ass when she starts looking for you

Edited by J.T.

I can’t sneak or scan for shit.  And I probably have a low cool stat, but I really don’t know. I don’t need those things. I have ammunition. 

I really don’t get having trouble with the game unless you’re maybe playing on higher difficulty or just damned and determined to do missions a certain way.   I’m far from good as a gamer and I barely felt challenged by this. I died occasionally, but the only mission I couldn’t beat by running headlong into danger and blasting everything in sight was the one you start buck naked and unarmed. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

I can’t sneak or scan for shit.  And I probably have a low cool stat, but I really don’t know. I don’t need those things. I have ammunition. 

?

I think I am the opposite.  The first things I look for in a scenario are side or roof entrances so that I can sneak in and take enemies unaware.   I am always on the lookout for random hostile situations so that I can shoot or shiv enemies in the city during free roam, because I am so good at stealth and hacking that I barely use my weapons during fixer or scanner gigs and I need the opportunity to level up my weapon skills so that they don't fall too far behind my technical or stealth skills.

I am constantly tagging enemies after taking over a surveillance network and using either my cyberdeck daemons or environmental hacks to take down most enemies.  That leaves precious few targets left for me to fillet with my katana or blast with my firearms. 

I'm a big believer in scanning because making note of weaknesses allows me to make the best use of my grenades to grind points in Engineering.

Edited by J.T.

It's also a great deal of fun when you put enough points in it. By the end of my last playthrough, I was using the Contagion hack to wipe out 4-5 baddies at a time

• 3 weeks later...

So among the things the next patch is supposed to fix are the driving controls and police magically appearing out of thin air the instant you commit any minor infraction 

9 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

So among the things the next patch is supposed to fix are the driving controls and police magically appearing out of thin air the instant you commit any minor infraction 

Driving controls as they are don't really bother me.  I don't drive in first person view anyway.

The police mechanics they are talking about aren't the ones that annoy me.  The things about NCPD / Trauma Team that I hate are how they seem to only have an issue with me when they come to investigate weapons fire or how they will mark me as hostile even if I have come to save their asses.

I remember a scanner hustle where NCPD thanked me for backing them up during a shoot-out with Maelstrom and started throwing flashbangs at me all in the same breath.

Edited by J.T.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Patch 1.2 is now available for everything but Stadia (Stadia's version should be later this week)

It figures that CDPR's interpretation of "second half of March" meant baseball sliding into home plate just before the end of the month.  CDPR sure is complete shit when it comes to underpromising and overproducing.

I await the next Paul Tassi CDPR hate article in Forbes.  It's too bad that he's not a print journalist.  I just bought a fire pit for my moon deck and could use the paper as primer.

I probably won't get back to Cyberpunk until after I am done weeping through Dragon Quest XI and after that I may finally play another JRPG I've had my eye on.

I may not fire up 2077 until the first DLC hits the market possibly as late as when Smart Delivery sends me the X/S version for free.

Edited by J.T.

That list is definitely one of the longest list of bug fixes I've ever seen. What's worse is that you know by fixing that much shit, they're just going to wind up breaking a bunch of other stuff.

Yeah. I'm still not re-downloading and re-installing this until the "PS5 version" gets released and the game gets injected with a shitton of content.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering Mass Effect is a like 6 weeks away - you ain’t ever coming back

Yikes.  With 80 hours logged into a JRPG that has an estimated 160 - 200 game hours and another JRPG on my radar, yeah, I'll be segueing directly into Mass Effect without setting one foot back in Night City.  I know that.ME:LE will steal at least three to four months of my life.

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That list is definitely one of the longest list of bug fixes I've ever seen. What's worse is that you know by fixing that much shit, they're just going to wind up breaking a bunch of other stuff.

The amount of content that 1.11 broke was astounding and it wasn't even half the size of 1.2.  I can imagine what 40 gigs of code will break.

I know they haven't bothered to fix skins yet.  Some articles of clothing still cause grey blotches on the model and of course installing some arm cyberware causes your flesh to peel away from your shoulders.

Edited by J.T.

Cyberpunk 2077 players show game is still a mess despite hundreds of fixes

Right now, most of the top Twitch clips of the game hail from streamer Vinesauce’s recent broadcast, where the personality showcases a number of remaining glitches. The most common type of glitch, which is popping up repeatedly on social media, has to do with spawning cars. When players call in a ride, the game will spawn all of the vehicles in the same place — sometimes leading to complete mayhem, as cars explode against each other, or the game struggles to render so many objects at once. There also appear to be a number of physics-based hijinks, according to other clips from the stream.

• Haha 1

I saw a youtuber talking about the recent patch. In the end he basically said the game is about up to where Fallout 76 started off which is kind of scary with all of the fixes they did manage to get in.

Edited by Eivion

• 2 weeks later...

The 1.2.1 Patch is live for the few of us that still care.

Patch notes spoilerized for size.

Spoiler

Quests & Open World:

Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.

Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.

Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.

Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.

Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.

Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.

Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.

Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.

Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.

Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.

Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.

Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.

Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.

Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.

Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.

Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.

Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.

Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.

Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.

Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.

Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.

Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.

Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.

Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.

Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.

Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.

Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.

Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.

Gameplay:

Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.

Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.

Visual:

Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

UI:

Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.

Scanning UI is now less cluttered.

Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.

Stability and performance

Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes.

Console-specific:

Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.

Stadia-specific:

Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.

42 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The 1.2.1 Patch is live for the few of us that still care.

Patch notes spoilerized for size.

Reveal hidden contents

Quests & Open World:

Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.

Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.

Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.

Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.

Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.

Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.

Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.

Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.

Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.

Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.

Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.

Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.

Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.

Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.

Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.

Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.

Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.

Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.

Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.

Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.

Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.

Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.

Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.

Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.

Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.

Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.

Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.

Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.

Gameplay:

Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.

Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.

Visual:

Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

UI:

Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.

Scanning UI is now less cluttered.

Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.

Stability and performance

Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes.

Console-specific:

Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.

Stadia-specific:

Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.

My library has a copy of the PS4 version, so I'm going to snag it and play a couple hours for curiosity's sake.