DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

I haven't seen the tweets he liked implying Sony wouldn't do this because Square Enix is a Japanese company.

Zaibatsu culture is the elephant in the room.  Why is Avengers the example?  Why not Anthem?

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Anthem is about to be 2 years old, whereas Avengers is only 4 months. So, recency bias?

Anthem is also so broken that Bioware is working on a complete overhaul, yet the standard version of the game is still available at PS Store and was never pulled.

It also had one of the most historically horrible launches in game history. 

The circumstances surrounding Anthem's craptastic launch are far more analogous to the Cyberpunk shistorm, but people are singling out Avengers, a Square Enix title, in their tweets and CDPR is liking and retweeting those tweets.  Shots fired at the keiretsu mentality from a Polish company.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

He wasn't just liking those tweets because of the condition of Avengers at launch.  He was implying that Sony would not take the same action against a Square Enix produced game since they are both Japanese run companies.

Yeah, but pretty much everything Playstation wise goes through SCEA now.  They're the ones in control of what gets approved, etc.  (And which sort of explains the whole PS5 button mapping issue).

I'm not sure how much direct control Sony corporate has over the franchise, but it's a lot less than it used to be.

There was a quote last week in one of the stories that the President of CDPR said the reason the game got approval (at least on the Playstation side) was because "they trusted CDPR to fix it"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dogwelder said:

I'm not sure how much direct control Sony corporate has over the franchise, but it's a lot less than it used to be.

Jim Ryan holds enough influence as CEO to keep the company console focused.  There was a time when there were complaints that SCEA was shirking the Japanese market since it did not devote a lot of resources to mobile gaming, but that got hand waved away.

I'm really getting tired of having to reload saves because I am unable to loot a dead body that is stuck to a wall or if someone dies before hitting the ground and the game still counts him as alive and continues dialogue.

Edited by J.T.

22 hours ago, J.T. said:

The circumstances surrounding Anthem's craptastic launch are far more analogous to the Cyberpunk shistorm, but people are singling out Avengers, a Square Enix title, in their tweets and CDPR is liking and retweeting those tweets.  Shots fired at the keiretsu mentality from a Polish company.

Even if he has a point, I don't feel like CDPR should be doing anything more to antagonize Sony.  Other bad launches are only tangentially relevant to the issue at hand which is CDPR delivered an unfinished, untested game  that barely runs on some of the platforms it was released for, and Sony and Microsoft had to damage control to clean up the PR mess.  Whether or not Cyberpunk is a bigger mess than Anthem or Avengers or whatever is besides the point.  CDPR doesn't have the high ground here, so the smart play would probably be too show some humility and appear to be open to whatever Sony asks them to do (at least publicly).

I've never thought of Avengers as a Square Enix game.  I had to think for a sec to remember they are the publisher.  I almost always associate games with the developer; very rarely with the publisher.

• Like 1

Man, I really hate the Tyger Claws. 

The three NCPD assault gigs I have responded to involving the TG have been real stomach punches.. 

One involved the cold blooded murder of a female TC gang member trying to get out of the thug life, another involved human trafficking, and a third was some asshole beating up on a woman in my apartment building.   I decapitated the fucker after he kicked her in the ribs while she was down on the ground.

8 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Avengers had a proper beta phase that actually addressed most of the real major stuff, get this, before launch. It's a ridiculous comparion but that's CDPR's fanbase for you.

Yeah, I think CDPR really slipped up by not putting out a demo.   There probably would've been a shit ton of adverse reaction, but at least people's expectations would've readjusted and it would've given some transparency to addressing the issues with the game.

Edited by J.T.

(It's another 17 GB download on my PS4)

Edit:  Here's the most important changes

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

Edited by dogwelder

53 minutes ago, AxB said:

We're mansplaining poor reviews of a cyberpunk game to William fucking Gibson?  Is that where we are now?

I hate the people that are fans of the same stuff that I enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well I've discovered a glitch on my own!

It appears as though Bounce Back air hypos are bugged.  If you have a large stack of the items and try to disassemble them, you won't break down any items for component parts, but it appears that you still get Crafting XP credit.  You can probably use this to max out your Crafting score after you raise your Technical Ability score.   

I tried to test this out the extent of the bug on MaxDoc inhalers but to my horror, I disassembled five of them perfectly fine.  I didn't even bother to fact check the hypothesis on my grenades.  I need my 'nades for grinding Engineering and buffing my Tech Weapons skills.

I found this out while grinding Athletics in my favorite spot in V's apartment building.  I nearly decapitated some stupid asshole who came around the corner as I was swinging my katana around.

This might've been broken by the new hotfix.  I seem to recall being able to break down Bounce Backs for cheap Crafting credit and components for use in buffing my armor pieces before the new patch.

Edited by J.T.

The controversy over this game has officially jumped the shark. I'm sick of it already. Yeah, CDPR massively screwed up here, and they did squander a lot of good will. But Paste Magazine is trash.

Edited by TheVileOne

On 12/21/2020 at 10:39 AM, Robert C said:

I’ve had a lot of problems with guns not firing since the update. I’ve also not been able to run at times. 

Is it after you stop driving?  That is the most common bug I get, but if you pause and unpause it usually resets.

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Is it after you stop driving?  That is the most common bug I get, but if you pause and unpause it usually resets.

I've had it happen in multiple ways, and I think I've seen at least two separate issues related to it.  After the latest update I've seen a new one that I think may be what you mentioned.  The game keeps trying to aim permanently, and I think it happens after I get out of a car.  I'll try the pause trick for that one next time I'm on.

Cyberpsychosis victim #3 is down.  Yes, lead pipe blows to the noggin are considered non-lethal.  Now I have to find a decent scope for this Tech sniper rifle.

I beat down the other two with a baseball bat.

If you are going to try to make a living maximizing yields from Access Points, invest in a good deck from a Rippedoc.  The Militech Paraline you start with cannot cut code for jack shit.  I think I have finally gotten the hang of the Buffer Overflow puzzle mini-game thingie.

Edited by J.T.