DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

Ok, this is fucking hilarious.

Patch installed and I start up the game.  Um, settings get changed back to default.  So I go in to change back the few settings I did.  AND...I can't get out of the Settings windows.  The Close button does nothing.

Edit: Tried again after copying my settings file from the cloud and it said my settings were corrupted?  Weird, worked earlier today.  So I deleted my settings and had it recreate it from scratch and now it's working.

Edited by dogwelder

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Looks like I'll be playing Avengers this weekend and hoping the hotfix addresses the constant crashes on PS5, because I really can't deal with that this weekend. I've already had a bad week and I'm liable to break a controller if it happens mid-mission or something ?

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

If you lose your shit, make sure you get it on video and upload it to YouTube.  There are dudes out there who have made a career off of video game rage vids.

This! I'm shamed to say I've broken controllers and games when game rage hits.

Just played for three hours and I had no crashes, so maybe that's been fixed? Or at least it's not as constant as it was before. Very few bugs and glitches that I saw, too. A few floating items that an NPC was holding seconds before they moved, and after I died once I reloaded into a checkpoint and spawned inside the body of a character I was doing a mission with.

And I found Alanah Pearce's character too, since I was already in the Badlands and that triggered a certain mission that she's involved with. It lasts maybe two or three minutes once you meet her, but it's still pretty cool.

Bring on the next-gen upgrade.

12 hours ago, Casey said:

spawned inside the body of a character I was doing a mission with.

I did this and it was pure nightmare fuel to see Panam's eyes from the vantage point of inside her skull. 

Also PSA: Your save files get corrupted if you go over 8mb. Mostly going to affect people with many hours played, or many items hoarded, or many items crafted.

You can check your save files over at:

PC

%userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

PlayStation 4

Settings > Application Saved Data Management > SAVED DATA IN SYSTEM STORAGE > Cyberpunk 2077

PlayStation 5

Settings > STORAGE > [Storage device] >Saved Data > PS4 Games / PS5 Games > Cyberpunk 2077

Xbox One

My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game > SAVED DATA

Xbox Series X|S

My Games and Apps > Cyberpunk 2077 > Menu > Manage Game and add-ons > SAVED DATA

• Thanks 1

My save file is around 140MB and the only thing that it said was corrupted was my saved settings when I loaded it earlier today. Which is fine since you can’t change shit in the options menu anyway ?

Oh and I had two crashes today, but it seems less frequent so I guess that’s a plus. Hopefully the big first official patch in January addresses most issues for next gen.

So far I think I've been fairly lucky on my Xbox One. Only one crash (when I was trying to scan one of those Tarot Card graffiti things) and one glitch (a motorcycle I called started spinning wildly in the air then exploded). Other than that no major issues aside from some kinda long load times here and there. 

I liked when I played last night after the patch installed where it supposedly addressed crashes and it fucking crashed three times in about 2 hours, the first crash happening in the first 20 minutes. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Guessing you're on PS5? I think you click on the 140mb save for more details. The user profile is the smaller one that has the corruption bug. Mine is around 5mb from 40 hours of gameplay, but I am a hoarder.

The user profile on mine is 4.20 MB (nice). From what I'm reading on the Cyberpunk reddit, the corruption only really happens to... uh, well, hoarders. Lol. With a shit load of crafting materials, guns, clothes, etc. I break down all the unused clothing items, and sell excess weapons (unless I really want to keep one, like the iconic dildo weapon! or DeShawn's pistol, which is pretty fucking great btw). And the only "junk" I keep are the vinyls.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

(Optional: Speak to Y about X)

Glide to Y

Find no way to initiate a conversation, pull out gun in frustration, get shot by 2,000 cops around you at all times. Why do you need 10,000 cops when everyone on the street has a machine gun?

And I'm 50-fucking-2 years old. I had an Odyssey and a Colecovision. If I don't wanna play another first-person perspective game as long as I live, I've earned that right. Now get this game off my lawn.

I've had more weird glitches since the patch than I had before. I had an issue where after I got out of my car, for some reason I was still in some weird mode where I couldn't move the directional pad up or down. Had to load an old save. Another time I had a conversation where the last text just stayed on the screen for ten minutes, another re-load. Its little things but they add up to be kinda annoying. Still have my once-every-two-hours crashes.

I think aside from the crashes the game performs very well on the PS5. Even the Witcher 3 and other big games like FO4 crashed a bunch, albeit not as much as this. I haven't had many other issues so I'm pretty fortunate i guess. 

I forget what the mission is called (it involves NetWatch and the Voodoo Boys) - but the one where you infiltrate Arasaka as Johnny with Rogue for the first time (within the story timeline, not the literal first time in the game) and meet Alt as V... that shit is trippy and fun as fuck. When this game has highs, it really goes high, but then you're immediately subjected to a crash or a bug like the NPC not moving their lips during dialogue or something. I liked this mission because it gave you a reason why Johnny detonated two thermonuclear charges at their HQ beyond just being a literal terrorist that hates capitalism. The entire Automatic Love mission chain (ends with Transmission, it includes this one I'm talking about - meeting the Voodoo Boys, sneaking into a mall) is an example of this game getting the storytelling aspect right and it's fun.

For a good minute, I was scared I was about to reach the end of the game, but that quickly turned out to not be the case. And then menu says I'm only about 30% of the way through the main storyline, so that's good.

I really, really want Johnny's gun, too. I was headshotting dudes like crazy with that thing in that mission. But I've found a nice 2nd place is DeShawn's, as I've mentioned before.

Hey, yet another bug!  I decided to intervene in a gun battle in Heywood and discovered that my suppressed revolver did not fire in ADS mode; I could only get it to fire in free aim.  Rather that give my position away with free aim fire, I had to sneak up behind a 6th Street guy and beat him unconscious with a lead pipe.

Fortunately, I was able to correct the problem by reloading the save I took after the gunfight.  I think I would've been pretty upset if that happened in a boss battle and something important like my tech shotty decided to misbehave.

It would also be nice if NPCs weren't sitting too close to shards so that I can acquire them for my journal collection.

Edited by J.T.

So apparently the head of CD Projekt Red doesn’t understand how Twitter works.  He (or the person running his Twitter account) was handing out likes to posts criticizing Sony for removing Cyberpunk from the PSN store.  When journalists started to notice, he quickly backtracked and unliked the posts.

That glitch video above is hilarious.  This game wishes it could go towards the light.  Instead, it’s just another slow-burning dumpster fire.  Gaming already has plenty of those.

• Like 1

I believe he (or someone else from CDPR) was liking tweets about how Avengers was broken at launch and wasn't pulled from the store. But Avengers absolutely wasn't this broken. It at least ran on a base PS4/Xbox, whereas Cyberpunk has dramatic dips in frames per second and the graphics are subpar. I played Avengers on a regular ol' thiccboy PS4 and it was perfectly fine, minus some bugs. Never crashed on me, didn't have things like my settings being corrupted every time I boot up the game, the FPS was basically 30 (Digital Foundry had clips of Cyberpunk going into the low 20s to high teens), etc.

Both of these games should have had next-gen upgrades ready to go (Avengers when the consoles launched, Cyberpunk at THEIR launch). Both of them were probably in development for around the same amount of time, too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Casey said:

I believe he (or someone else from CDPR) was liking tweets about how Avengers was broken at launch and wasn't pulled from the store. 

He wasn't just liking those tweets because of the condition of Avengers at launch.  He was implying that Sony would not take the same action against a Square Enix produced game since they are both Japanese run companies.

Keiretsu politics being what they are, he may be right.  However the fact remains that Avengers is not as broken as Cyberpunk.

Edited by J.T.

I guess, I was specifically referring to this tweet he liked. Which, to be fair, yeah, it's "dead", but this weekend I did find people to play War Zones with in Avengers, multiple times in a row (before I quit to play Cyberpunk, or a few other games). I usually prefer to play solo honestly, but I'm going for some trophies where I need to not just be able to die twice within one game, so...

“This is interesting, @PlayAvengers came out in a worse state then @CyberpunkGame and you guys did nothing. Avengers is effectively dead on all platforms making online play non existent, on top of bad code. Where are all those peoples refunds? They’re next right.”

I haven't seen the tweets he liked implying Sony wouldn't do this because Square Enix is a Japanese company.

Edited by Casey