DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

11 hours ago, Robert C said:

I haven't bought or made anything, so I'm running around in whatever I find that has the best stats.  

Thanks to an assault I broke up, I got a pair of pants with a decent armor rating but they may be the tightest black leather pants any male has ever worn in life.

Oh, and silly me just figured out that you can upgrade the armor rating of threads via crafting, so you can hold onto a clothing item you like and just upgrade it to keep pace with any armor that drops.  Of course you'll need Rare and Legendary material components to upgrade higher quality items, so upgrading will be cost prohibitive if you are saving money for better guns or cyberware.

Oh, and the difficulty of the Kabuki Twins fight does not increase if you make the maximum wager of 2K Eddies, so save up 2K, use the exploit, and double your money.

A few more gigs and I can pay Victor what I owe him.

Edited by J.T.

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and ask for the refund. I've only gotten about an hour or so into the game, I'm not getting a PS5 for a while yet, and if the game is that fucked up on current-gen consoles, I can wait until it gets unfucked or until I get a PS5.

This means I need to find a new gaming project for over the holiday break. I'm sure I can find something. Or I could go to one of the games that's on my pile of shame that I haven't bothered playing (which currently includes The Witcher III, The Outer Worlds, and Final Fantasy XV).

• Like 1

Even though I've played the game thoroughly. I thought I'd be cheeky and try to get a refund anyway. Logged into Sony portal and seemed to go smoothly.

"Thank you, your request for refund has been submitted."

Maybe they'll look at my 10 hours+ of gameplay and be like "nah", but I guess I'll find out.

Surely that won't refund the game and let you keep it active so you can essentially play it for free?

Is CDPR still planning on a hot fix this week or did that get thrown out the window with what Sony just did? All I want is for the crashes to stop, I can deal with a floating cigarette or whatever.

Looks like I'll be playing Avengers this weekend and hoping the hotfix addresses the constant crashes on PS5, because I really can't deal with that this weekend. I've already had a bad week and I'm liable to break a controller if it happens mid-mission or something ?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Looks like I'll be playing Avengers this weekend and hoping the hotfix addresses the constant crashes on PS5, because I really can't deal with that this weekend. I've already had a bad week and I'm liable to break a controller if it happens mid-mission or something ?

If you lose your shit, make sure you get it on video and upload it to YouTube.  There are dudes out there who have made a career off of video game rage vids.

• Haha 2

I am trying hard to love this game, but it does not love me back.  I was able to tweak the settings on my television to correct the problem with darkened interiors being almost pitch black, but now I know more about Ultra HD Deep Color, Warmness, and Gamma than I really wanted to.

I am able to play other games without having to be a certified Panasonic technician.  WTF, CDPR?

I am glad that the Series X version is on Smart Delivery so I don't have to pay for this thing twice once it is released.  God knows when that will happen.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Do the PS5/Xbox Series versions not have a release date?  I thought they were only postponed for a couple weeks, so I googled this morning to find out the release date, and came up with... nothing.  They postponed indefinitely?  Really?

The dumpster fire that is this game's development and marketing is probably going to be more entertaining than the game.  I wonder how many players are going to wait tba (months?) for a next-gen version that might run well on the hardware.  Not many games get a second chance to make a good impression. The market moves too fast to allow that in most cases.

I wonder if Keanu has asked for his refund yet?

Just now, supremebve said:

So, you're telling me the game that plays well on the Series X, but basically not at all on an Xbox One, is the Xbox One version?

Correct - both systems are playing via backwards compatibility. 

Thanks to the powerful machines - current gen folks are only dealing with the bugs/crashes

Last gen folks get those AND the shit graphics

Basically they got a game that those machines could never handle

• Like 1

BTW - just because this specific issue was brought up earlier

CDPR's stock fell another 12% on the Polish markets. All those stock market loses this month have wiped out all the gains the company made during the year.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

CDPR is currently getting the Bioware treatment from Jason Schreier

I was going to ask earlier about these deadlines since I was out of the loop on this for a tiny bit.  But whoever made these deadlines knowing how incomplete things were should be fired.  Because if they talked about major updates for the next two months then that indicates that this game needed at least two more months to make it at least functional for all systems.  But I guess management gambled on getting this out for the holidays thinking they'd be raking in the dough.  I do have my doubts that people will be willing to give this another chance once they get things ironed out.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was going to ask earlier about these deadlines since I was out of the loop on this for a tiny bit.  But whoever made these deadlines knowing how incomplete things were should be fired.  Because if they talked about major updates for the next two months then that indicates that this game needed at least two more months to make it at least functional for all systems.  But I guess management gambled on getting this out for the holidays thinking they'd be raking in the dough.  I do have my doubts that people will be willing to give this another chance once they get things ironed out.

I’ve worked on something this fucked once, only on an even larger scale (hint - ever wonder why there was never a Pentium 5?).  Things get to a point where everybody knows it’s fucked but it’s too late to really fix it. Eventually you either shove it out the door or it collapses under its own weight. 

• Like 1

I wanna like this game, I really do. The graphics don't bother me all that much, but some of the game gets so wonky. Typical assignment: talk to woman, with optional talk to other people around her. The game says "talk to this guy," but the guy will not stop talking on his phone. So I decide to see if a gun will snap him out of the talkies, and it does, to the cost of about 210,000 police dudes while I get a 239-star rating.

Speaking of 239-star ratings, think about this shit for a second - we had to find exploits and take advantage of them on GTA Online because everyone else was doing it, too. If you didn't do so, you fell behind the rest of the pack. Now you guys are talking about finding exploits in the single-player game.