DVDVR Message Board

CYBERPUNK 2077

RIPPA

CDPR lost 1/3 of their market value and is still worth 8 BILLION USD, so they're ready to be a AAA company.  They're basically an EA or an Activision that people still think is the "little game company that could" since they put thank you notes in the game boxes.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 3

God, my companions are idiots.  No matter whether it be Jackie or the side I've taken in a firefight, my allies always manage to blunder into my gunsights while I am ADS, all the while yelling at me to flank the enemy. 

I haven't had partners this bad since Fallout 3 where Sydney would constantly empty her entire magazine into the sides of containers while fighting Super Mutants.  

14 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

CDPR lost 1/3 of their market value and is still worth 8 BILLION USD, so they're ready to be a AAA company.  

You say that like losing market value is a good thing or at least something that can be hand waved away.  CDPR needs to find a happy medium between ambition and schedule. 

Overpromising and underproducing has been the downfall of many AAA studios and it has taken only one shaky launch to turn some investors and many fans against this "little studio that could."

Edited by J.T.

I haven't run into any crashes yet (knock on wood), but I have seen a few amusing graphical glitches like props floating in mid air that were held by NPCs that hadn't finished rendering and the odd body part or torso stuck to a wall or a pillar courtesy of a frag that I tossed at some poor schlep.

Don't forget to register your game with CDPR to get your in game stuff.  The leather jacket and tank tops are Legendary threads with nice armor stats and / or buffs and the Black Unicorn katana is a decent bladed weapon to use early on in the game.

Edited by J.T.

Man, mine crashes legit like every two hours on PS5

Everyone says its driving, but I'm not driving.  I've never had it crash in a car once.  It happens just walking around doing regular-ass shit and it's not even when I'm fighting people or anything.  It handles all that stuff alright for me.

I don't know much but it sounds like there's some nasty ass memory leak going on or something.  Firepro had a pretty horrible one that would crash your shit a lot until they fixed it.

• Like 1

Haven't had any crashes yet but boy does the lighting suck indoors even when you have the brightness and paper white sliders set ridiculously high. I remember making extensive use of floodlight distractions while killing my way to Royce just so I could see where I was going.

I am bummed that some of the best looking clothing has horrible stats.  

Edited by J.T.

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Haven't had any crashes yet but boy does the lighting suck indoors even when you have the brightness and paper white sliders set ridiculously high. I remember making extensive use of floodlight distractions while killing my way to Royce just so I could see where I was going.

I've seen multiple recommendations to turn off HDR because apparently it's broken in Cyberpunk (sort of like how it was broken at first in RDR 2).

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

I've seen multiple recommendations to turn off HDR because apparently it's broken in Cyberpunk (sort of like how it was broken at first in RDR 2).

Yeah, I've been dreading that since the game looks gorgeous during the game's daylight time and I've already nuked Paper Grain and a couple of the other display enhancement settings.

On PS5 mine also crashes every 1.5 to 2 hours or so, like clockwork. Usually it is while driving but not always, since it is spaced out my theory (based on nothing else) is the system just gets overwhelmed over time by... something. It never happens within an hour of each other.

My biggest issue is the autosave is so inconsistent. With Assassin's Creed it crashed quite a bit too and had weird quest glitches but that game autosaves every time you breath so it was no big deal to reload a save. With Cyberpunk, once the last autosave was all the way across town even though I was most the way done with the next mission. Naturally, I know you can manually save but who wants to pause the game every three minutes to do that, especially when you are in a groove.

I've had some other minor glitches that I think are more normal with this type of game (some map issues, hair being gone when looking in a mirror, etc.) but the crashes are a little excessive.

I didn't turn on HDR until I was already eight or so hours in because I forgot and the crash rate seems about the same so I'll just put up with it.

Its wild to me how broken the game is on last gen since that is what the game was built for in the first place, its first two launch dates were before the new gen even came out. Makes you wonder if they delayed it just because they realized it wouldn't run right on the consoles it was designed for and it was easier to prep the games for next gen than to fix the problems.

I had only 1 crash yesterday with about 3 hours of playtime and it happened while driving. I was basically driving around exploiting that painting/infinite money thing so I feel like my game crashing was payback of sorts.

Still, I got my money, so fuck you Night City.

As for pulling off the mission that gets you that painting at only level 9...

Spoiler

So if you know what I'm talking about, there's a side mission in Santo Domingo called Space Oddity. The mission takes you out in the wild where there are 7 soldiers guarding a cylinder in the ground. You have to be at a high level to take out those soldiers or you can use a nearby building with turrets on top of it. Before going to that building, sneak around and tag all 7 soldiers and then go to the building. That building is also surrounded by mines. You basically shoot all the mines around the building, hack the two cameras around the building to turn them off, go inside, hack another camera in there, dodge a couple laser trip mines, and get access to a computer inside the building. That computer lets you manually control the turrets, one of which can reach the soldiers guarding the painting. Use the turret to kill 6 of 7 soldiers. It takes awhile because aiming from that far away is tough, but you can do it in about 10 minutes. When there is only 1 soldier left, leave the building, carjack someone, drive out and run the last soldier over. From there you can open the cylinder in the ground and take the painting inside. There's a glitch with the painting in that you can sell it to everyone for $4000 and buy it back for $5. You then keep selling it and buying it back until the vendor or sell box has no money left.

• Like 1

Dear Regina,

You've made it quite clear via your post mission feedback that you are unhappy with my methods, if not necessarily with the results.  I understand and share your concerns.  In return, please look at my situation.  I'm being controlled by someone who

a - is playing the game like a lunatic

b - is not really paying close attention to what's going on

c - doesn't do stealth

You must've realized the true nature of our situation after you sent us to get that cop out of a jam safely, and he promptly shot her in the face.  Several times.  

Look, we're in this together.  If you don't want 37 dead Tiger Claws lying around at the end of each assignment, kindly find someone else to carry it out.  This is jus the way things are gonna go.

Thanks

V

Edited by Robert C
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Dear Regina,

You've made it quite clear via your post mission feedback that you are unhappy with my methods, if not necessarily with the results.  I understand and share your concerns.  In return, please look at my situation.  I'm being controlled by someone who is .

Yeah, I have had to adapt a special arsenal of Pax modded weapons for Regina's cyberpsychosis capture missions.  I had to revert to a previous save once because I accidentally beheaded some poor school with the Black Unicorn katana because I didn't swap to my non-lethal SMG.

Coach Fred's questline can eat a bag of shit.  Having to fistfight a dude and his sync-clone at the same time at the Kabuki battle arena was bullshit.

34 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I have had to adapt a special arsenal of Pax modded weapons for Regina's cyberpsychosis capture missions.  I had to revert to a previous save once because I accidentally beheaded some poor school with the Black Unicorn katana because I didn't swap to my non-lethal SMG.

Coach Fred's questline can eat a bag of shit.  Having to fistfight a dude and his sync-clone at the same time at the Kabuki battle arena was bullshit.

There are non-lethal weapons?  I did not know that.  I just shoot those guys till they stop moving.  Regina said something about keeping em warm, but I didn't bother. 

I'm paying even less attention to instructions than usual.  Also, I'm playing the game on mute a bunch of the time.  My son is doing remote school in the next room over from the Xbox, and I don't figure his Catholic school kindergarten needs to listen to me playing Cyberpunk.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Robert C said:

There are non-lethal weapons?  I did not know that.  I just shoot those guys till they stop moving.  Regina said something about keeping em warm, but I didn't bother. 

All firearms are lethal as are bladed weapons.   You have equip a gun with the Pax weapon mod for its shots to be converted to non-lethal damage.

Melee damage from physical attacks (punches, kincks) is non-lethal as are takedowns from behind if you specify the choke-out over the neck snap.

AFAIK, most blunt melee weapons like shock sticks are non lethal, but I imagine that you could kill a person with a baseball bat or a sledgehammer if you hit them enough times just like in real life.

There are also some non-lethal combat gadgets like flashbangs, EMP grenades, and biochem grenades.

Edited by J.T.

Definitely disappointed with the game. The bugs/crashes haven't been too bad for me, but the lack of features and immersion because of it is not great. Probably going to play it through once and leave it for a few months, before coming back to play it on the other two styles. Hopefully it will be a more in-depth game by then. 

None of the stores are open, can't buy food from many vendors, can't play pachinko, can't load braindances outside of missions... and the game is surprisingly tame for all the hype about genital customisation and the tropes of ultra sexualisation within the genre. 

Solid gun and stealth gameplay though, so it's not a total loss even at the moment.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'm almost positive that weapon types don't matter for the cyberpsychosis missions.  The ones that I've done with lethal weapons the text messages still say the person I've fought is still alive.