DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 35: Covington vs. Woodley (9/19/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

Maybe I'm a bit naive, but I really don't look a guy that beats people up for a living to be the most woke dude in the room. For every Genki Sudo who from all accounts seems to be a really decent guy, there are 100 meatheads like Covington. I hope to see him get his ears pinned back, but I doubt an aging and fading Woodley is the guy to do it. Would be just that much sweeter if he did pull it off, we'll see... I don't know Cerrone's politics and don't much care, he seems like a good dude.

Just now, jaedmc said:

What a wild mess that Walker win was

Johnny Walker almost was about to be 0-3 in his last three fights, then was almost a part of a double KO, and then elbows Ryan Spann into fine powder. Just another day at the office for Mr. Wrestling II.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Johnny Walker almost was about to be 0-3 in his last three fights, then was almost a part of a double KO, and then elbows Ryan Spann into fine powder. Just another day at the office for Mr. Wrestling II.

I thought for sure Spann was going to finish then he went in and it was like someone unplugged him. 

Some great KOs early on. Jessy Rose looked fantastic all the way through. Nice win for Damon Jackson 

I'll always love ya Randa Markos ?

Wasn't expecting a super quick turnaround for Sijara Eubanks next week already, cool!

Welcome back Johnny!

• Like 1

Re: JRC vs. Alpar

That was probably one of the most one sided female MMA fights I've ever seen. In addition, we got another screwy thing similar to last week w/ Herman and Mike Rodriguez, but this time it was a knee to a downed opponent even though Alpar wasn't a grounded opponent. So instead of the referee stopping the fight in favor of a TKO, the referee changed his mind and let Alpar take more punishment than necessary. Seriously, she almost painted the entire octagon with her blood. Just a massacre.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jiji said:

If this dude isn't a champion this time next year I'll be surprised. 

He's won three fights all flawlessly. 

What weight class? He's flipping back forth while he's doing this isn't he?

He strikes me as a middleweight with his size and it's not like he'll be lacking for power. 

But on second thought, I would love to see him fight Usman. 

He could get knocked out or caught in a submission of course but his athleticism, aggression, control, and technique look world class to me. 

Edited by Jiji