DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL - WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

36 minutes ago, Black Angel said:

I have moved on...because it’s a game. I have a great life. Wife, annoying but good kids. A brand new job. A new house. Football is entertainment. I love the Falcons. But my life is literally not impacted whatsoever on what the Falcons do. Did LI hurt? Sure it did. But for me to allow a football game that has zero impact on my life traumatize me is just silly. I am still the same person tomorrow. But with that being said...

A two point conversion??? WHEN YOU ARE UP 19?!? The commitment to these garbage ass safeties. This moronic "bend but don't break" defense. This team doesn't even know the special team rules. If that's not a sign of terrible coaching, I don't know what is. Can't even blame this on Koetter and the offense. They're averaging 30 ppg. 

I am officially selling tickets for the "fire Dan Quinn" train. This is the worst coaching I’ve ever seen. I almost want Mike Smith back. Blank needs to promote Morris right now and move on. 

I swear being a Falcons fan is like being on a roller coaster that drops you off a cliff at the end. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about how if I had a significant other who disappointed me as much as the Cleveland Browns, I would have rightfully left her ass years ago.  I try to tell myself to only be happy when they win, and be indifferent if they lose, but it never seems to work out that way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I did not think Kyler Murray would be this good.  Maybe it is because of the offense built for him or maybe the talent around him at receiver and running back.  But he is a really good QB

The running is one thing, but the way he's able to throw a 40 yard rope from a sprint is incredible.  Seriously, he's not as good of an athlete as Lamar Jackson and doesn't have the arm of Mahomes, but he might be 8 out of 10 in their respective areas.  That's fucking scary.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

This Justin Hebert for the Chargers loves to hit people.   Not going to help extend his career but it is fun to watch

Tyrod better get used to being on the sideline.  Tyrod plays like he's afraid of making a mistake, Herbert doesn't seem to understand what the word afraid means.

• Like 1

Houston is in a hole, but the good news is they probably just played the two best teams they'll see all year. It's the AFC South, I wouldn't rule out them winning the division, getting a playoff win, and saving BOB's job again.

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

What sort of idiot runs it from the one yard line? ?

Joking aside, Cam has looked really good so far.

The interception he threw last night was pretty bad, and he got away with an identical mistake earlier (that likely would have been a pick-6 if caught), but he looked great otherwise.  I don't like the play called to end the game but that's not on Cam.  He did enough to win, they just didn't.

And Russell Wilson looked fantastic as well. 

Great game.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

I really thought they'd go fake run with Cam/toss to TE/FB/RB for the last play like they did earlier with such success. Not that Cam can't make it from there, he has before, but it was a long one yard and the box was stacked. It was a failed play almost immediately. But hindsight 20/20, if he had waltzed into the end zone then it would have been hard to criticize.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

I really thought they'd go fake run with Cam/toss to TE/FB/RB for the last play like they did earlier with such success. Not that Cam can't make it from there, he has before, but it was a long one yard and the box was stacked. It was a failed play almost immediately. But hindsight 20/20, if he had waltzed into the end zone then it would have been hard to criticize.

I thought they would run that play as well.  Seemed like a better choice.  Regardless, the New England offense looks to be in good hands.

• Like 1

Can't find a link but I'm hearing the NFL has admitted the refs should have called an unsportsmanlike penalty on Tyreek Hill yesterday for taking off his helmet.  The penalty would have meant going for the tying 2-point from the 17 instead of the 2.

I'm pumped about the 2021 NFL Off Season Thread. When does it open? It should be open soon for fans of the Giants, Jets, and Vikings.

Yikes Saquon's injury, really all the injuries yesterday... just heart breaking. I don't think The Giants are totally done yet. For whatever reason the passing game has looked pretty solid the last two weeks. Now that there's no sense wasting practice time on run plays we can really open it up lol. Also can The Giants pleaseeee trade away Golden Gator Arms Tate? He only had three or four targets yesterday and ever catch he went down in a heap like he got dusted by Thanos. His first catch there wasn't a player within 6 yards of him and he still went down without trying to get a single extra yard.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Thanks 1