DVDVR Message Board

Another Board "Upgrade"

RIPPA
Message added by RIPPA,

I am just testing something

Ignore me as usual

EDIT - Ooooh this worked and is fancy. Leaving here as example

1 hour ago, Control said:

Sorry if this is asked and answered, but clicking on a thread no longer takes me to the newest posts, just the last page. Any way to change that on my end?

When you go into a thread are you clicking  on the text or the bullet point to the left of the thread text that indicates new posts have been made? when I click on the bullet point it takes me to the newest post.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jaedmc said:

When you go into a thread are you clicking  on the text or the bullet point to the left of the thread text that indicates new posts have been made? when I click on the bullet point it takes me to the newest post.

Not sure if it's the same thing that happened with him.  But I clicked on the bullet point for new posts and while most times it'll go to the new post some have gone to the last page a few posts above the new one.  If it helps I'm using the VaporRun theme though I would think it'd be a board-specific and not theme-specific issue.

Go to the drop down menu where your User Name is in the TOp Right

Select Account Settings

Then "Content View Behavior"

Your choices are

When opening content...

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

Choose which one you like best (The default is "take me to the beginning")

See if any of those options helps

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
26 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Can we disable reacts to posts?

Only purpose they serve is seemingly to troll and bully other posters.

I am uncertain how "likes" and "thanks" are trolling and bullying but I am willing to listen to an argument (I have a feeling I know what the argument is but I don't want me expressing that to bias since I could be totally wrong).

I will say - that from an admin perspective - I am always going to use the reactions over having people quote an entire message just to say "I agree!" or "LOL"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Agreed re: "I agree" posts.

The constant spamming of the confused emoji was what I was referring to. Petty high school shit.

Now that is something I can specifically do something about

I will note that I hadn't seen it much personally but I also can't read every thread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's something interesting that I just discovered after playing around with Firefox's HTTPS-Only Mode setting.  Remember the issue that comes up now and then of people not being able to go between pages in a thread?  It happens if you go to https://deathvalleydriver.com/forum instead of http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum .  Is there a bad SSL cert on the site?