DVDVR Message Board

Another Board "Upgrade"

RIPPA
Message added by RIPPA,

I am just testing something

Ignore me as usual

EDIT - Ooooh this worked and is fancy. Leaving here as example

Hiya~!

As you probably immediately noticed - I ran another major board upgrade this morning.

So things have changed. I have no fucking clue what since this was just sorta sprung on us.

I do know that the default size of everything is now old man size so I appreciate that.

Features were definitely removed. The only thing I know for certain is that the BlueBoh skin no longer works.

Everything else I am gonna have to discover after I find the patch notes which they promised to give to us but didn't

So while, yes, some things are probably broken, please know that some stuff might have been removed (so that doesn't qualify as broken)

• RIPPA pinned this topic

I've lived with this upgrade on EWB for a few months now. It takes time getting used to, but I actually like it. Even the top poster stuff you mentioned in specific threads. I was wondering, when they had the upgrade, when DVDVR would do it since you both run on Invision.

My biggest concern was it throwing out posts with spoilers since it used to do that in the unread content (the spoiler box wouldn't work for some reason)

But they could have also fixed that

Just now, Casey said:

I think DVDVR is one of the better places when it comes to spoilers and them not being posted or at least hidden. Well, except for when @Dolfan in NYCforgets to close an AEW live thread... ?

Out of curiosity's sake...

Reveal hidden contents

test

EDIT: That works, so that's good. It's kind of weird seeing a tagged member not having their name highlighted, though.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I think DVDVR is one of the better places when it comes to spoilers and them not being posted or at least hidden. Well, except for when @Dolfan in NYCforgets to close an AEW live thread... ?

Out of curiosity's sake...

Reveal hidden contents

I have a full explanation as to why it didn't get shut down:

Spoiler

source.gif

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

EDIT: That works, so that's good. It's kind of weird seeing a tagged member not having their name highlighted, though.

They're highlighted on the Yellow/Green/Pink skin. Lime green on a yellow background, lovely.

EheV3FVXgAAPbSb?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by AxB

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yes yes - I am already looking into that weird Top Posters In This Thread and Top Posts in This Post stuff

That's my biggest complaint.  In most forums, I'm seeing a top posters box on the right side of the screen so the actual posts are squashed into the left 2/3 of the screen.

Weirdly, I don't see the top posters box in this thread and the posts are full-screen as normal, so I assume that's fixable.

The new default skin kinda reminds me of some of the older versions of the board.  I tried out the other skins, but they all seem to be cringe/seizure-inducing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

blueboh noooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know

I mean it was kinda outdate awhile but the dude who made them hasn't done new skins like 5 years.

And there are so few free skins available

I use Vivaldi browser and with the default skin I invert the colors.  If I'm just reading walls of text it's easier on the eyes.  And if there's pictures I just revert to normal to view them.

But while the Dean-created ones are fine for long-term use a darker skin would be very much appreciated.

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I always say this and then get into the creator and it bones me.

Maybe they have improved it

I'm fiddling with it now and it's not too bad. The "magic selection" tool doesn't seem to work very well. Every time I point to an element it just says it's the general body, which isn't right. But I'll have something soon, I think.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At no point should Dean created skins and "fine" be used in the same post

Oddly enough I'm starting to appreciate Nise Black Blue for the neon monstrosity that it is.  My eyes will hate me soon enough but it's fine for a short time period.  Heck, it might help keep me from reading this for a lengthy period of time so I can actually do some work.

Edited by NikoBaltimore