DVDVR Message Board

OVW on ELEVEN SPORTS

DEAN

What a weird sports channel.  I'm watching the Japanese baseball game and check the cable guide and it looks lik four hours of Ohio Valley Wrestling starting at three o'clock tomorrow afternoon.

According to Cagematch.net, the first episode was taped 9/1, so YEA!  NEW WRESTLING!  Who is this Luscious Lawrence guy?  The guys yammering in between matches are fast forward worthy.  HEY!  Brian Pillman Jr!

EDIT:  Two Brian Pillman matches in the first episode is a good sign.  It will awesome if they push him as their number one face,

It's all over the place.  Tomorrow, it comes on at 9 AM.  On Monday, it comes on at 12:30 AM.  I'm guessing 3 PM on Wednesdays is the day they are showing every week.  Maybe.

I think they showed the episode from two weeks ago because they showed the entire Legacy of Brutality tag match that they showed in highlights of last week.  The Tate Twins run in with the save!

Madison Rain is in OVW.  That's a good sign.  SHE'S GONNA SUE AL SNOW!

Rockstar Ryan Howe takes on Brian Pillman Jr.  Howe comes in to what I'm guessing is Cinderella.  Pillman comes into a public domain Cinderella, which is a little heavier.   This is the match they showed highlights of the next week.  Howe is big guy and they have good basic pro wrestling match.  Howe does a GREAT fucking tope.  Pillman wins with a Jackhammer.  Howe I dig.  Pillman I already digged.

Then they showed the episode I saw.

OVW this week was SUPER indie looking.  And sounding, as they didn't have any live sound, just the announcing.  The Dustin Jackson versus Big Zo match was good.  Everything else was pretty low rent.  OVW is more indietastic that Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.  Yep.

• 2 weeks later...

This week was good, though it was basically a clip show.  There were two Luscious Lawrence matches so it was good indie as opposed to crappy indie.  There was a five way and a three way so there was plenty to fast forward through.  It was strange seeing Jay Bradley who I haven't thought about in ten years.  He looked big league and I await him destroying the FABULOUSLY annoying Dimes.  Brian Pillman Jr made an appearance.  WE'RE BACK ON TRACK!  NOT MORE INDIE THAN CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FROM HOLLYWOOD!