DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

33 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Eh, as long as it scans as Finn Balor on the UPC and the royalty check, I would say who cares if it's Cena in the box?

Well yeah, thats the Hogan way. Remember the Jericho story when he was in WCW?

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And ironically that eould be more valuable than a regular Finn MIB figure.

Imagine how much Zack would pay for that error.

Well, he did pay a lot for that naked Miss Elizabeth LJN.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Eh, as long as it scans as Finn Balor on the UPC and the royalty check, I would say who cares if it's Cena in the box?

Yeah, I did figure the barcode will determine who gets the money, so Finn won't lose out on that one. I did have a flashback to the Jericho-Hogan action figure debacle that was mentioned. This would be the reverse of that situation, however. The packaging is different, but all of them contain a Cena figure, no matter who's face is on the box. That would explain something about their marketing plan if it were intententional.

8 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, I did figure the barcode will determine who gets the money, so Finn won't lose out on that one. I did have a flashback to the Jericho-Hogan action figure debacle that was mentioned. This would be the reverse of that situation, however. The packaging is different, but all of them contain a Cena figure, no matter who's face is on the box. That would explain something about their marketing plan if it were intententional.

I don't believe that's intentional.  Screwups happen like that quite a bit.  Whether it's a Alberto figure in Sheamus packaging or Sasha in Kairi Sane it mainly comes down to production error more than any ill intent.  Not sure how that can be depending on the manufacturing/shipping process but that's how it goes.  As for value I can't imagine it's worth more than the advertised price.  If it had a different color/style or was a "chase" variant then that's where the value can go up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't believe that's intentional.  Screwups happen like that quite a bit.  Whether it's a Alberto figure in Sheamus packaging or Sasha in Kairi Sane it mainly comes down to production error more than any ill intent.  Not sure how that can be depending on the manufacturing/shipping process but that's how it goes.  As for value I can't imagine it's worth more than the advertised price.  If it had a different color/style or was a "chase" variant then that's where the value can go up.

No, I was totally kidding about the intentional part! I was going for the same feel as that "Vince booking mode" (was that in general, or in one of the WWE2K-series) that was like "where EVERY match is Shamus vs Randy Orton"! Just this time every package has Cena in it,  no matter who you actually want to buy!

But yeah, it's obviously just a funny screw-up!

• Like 1

1) Error figures are usually worthless unless the figure in the package is already worth money.

2) That probably isn't an error figure, it's someone stealing from the store by buying Finn, opening it, sticking a Cena in the package, resealing it, and returning it to the store.  It happens a lot.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

1) Error figures are worthless

2) That isn't an error figure, it's someone stealing from the store by buying Finn, opening it, sticking a Cena in the package, resealing it, and returning it to the store.  It happens a lot.

Wow! I did not know that! I mean they actually go through the trouble of returning the wrong figure in original packaging to the store? I wonder what is the reasoning behind that?

Oh, OK! Now I see what you mean. Thanks!

Edited by Shartnado
Now I understand

18 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

No, I was totally kidding about the intentional part! I was going for the same feel as that "Vince booking mode" (was that in general, or in one of the WWE2K-series) that was like "where EVERY match is Shamus vs Randy Orton"! Just this time every package has Cena in it,  no matter who you actually want to buy!

But yeah, it's obviously just a funny screw-up!

My bad, guess that's why I really needed coffee this morning.  I'm normally fine getting up at 5 for the gym but boy was this morning a drag.  But yeah, Tromatagon's right.