DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

In Joey Janela is a genius news, firstly he's wrestling Ricky Morton one on one at Spring Break next month, and secondly he said - as a joke - that he'd got permission to name his tag team with Sonny Kiss "The New new Midnight Express" and J*m C****tte got so triggered that he sent a legal cease and desist order to make sure that didn't happen.

• Haha 5

On 9/20/2020 at 8:58 PM, Peck said:

Pretty sure Corbin was a babyface for awhile when he first broke in to NXT.

Pretty much a tweener, he did this biker without a bike gimmick and the announcers kept trying to suggest that he might be a werewolf. Yeah, it's WWE it doesn't have to make any sort of sense...

On 9/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

He was a face in My Science Project. He was also a heel who turned face in True Grit.

Frank Booth was a face, just misunderstood...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Only one person can drink beer in WWE and that's Steve Austin. Otherwise, the fans may get confused.

We need a wrestler whose gimmick is that of being a wine snob... It's money, I tell ya, money!

31 minutes ago, AxB said:

In Joey Janela is a genius news, firstly he's wrestling Ricky Morton one on one at Spring Break next month, and secondly he said - as a joke - that he'd got permission to name his tag team with Sonny Kiss "The New new Midnight Express" and J*m C****tte got so triggered that he sent a legal cease and desist order to make sure that didn't happen.

I remember the good old days when baiting Corny actually took a little bit of ingenuity. ?

43 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Pretty much a tweener, he did this biker without a bike gimmick and the announcers kept trying to suggest that he might be a werewolf. Yeah, it's WWE it doesn't have to make any sort of sense...

Pretty sure they were saying lone wolf.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Could be unintentional. The Save the Children shit is pilling people who don't realize they're being pilled. They'll deny they're into Q and then say all the Q things. 

But who the fuck knows. 

It's about to get way more insidious as Q himself *cough*Jim Watkins*cough* is actively telling cult members to stop using the terms Qanon and Q and other slogans (like WWG1WGA...fuck what a dumb as shit slogan) in order to help the messages spread without the stigma attached to those terms. So many of the people that fell into Q beliefs over quarantine couldn't even tell you what Q is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peck said:

I slept through the discussion like Jean-Paul.

I work with a Jean Paul, and I can't wait until he shows up late, so I can ask him if he got the AM/PM mixed up. 

He won't get it, but I will and that's all that really matters.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, AxB said:

So when Santana and Ortiz came out with their faces painted, and Tony Schiavone immediately said "Hey, cool, Dead Presidents, what a great movie!", do you reckon he asked them backstage and they told him all about it, or that Tony is a legit John Singleton guy? Because I reckon he just knew.

Tony is awesome he probably loved Menace II Society and From Hell also!  Sorry to correct this John Singleton directed Boyz N' the Hood,  Dead Presidents is a Hughes Brothers movie. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Tony is awesome he probably loved Menace II Society and From Hell also!  Sorry to correct this John Singleton directed Boyz N' the Hood,  Dead Presidents is a Hughes Brothers movie. 

When Dead Presidents was about to come out, Singleton had just put out Higher Learning.

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah I liked Higher Learning also but I haven't seen it in years.  The Ringer did a REWATCHABLES for it a couple months back. 

It's very much a film of it's time. It's essentially a remix of all the tropes from the "urban" films earlier in the decade. It's a good movie, but it was pretty much a sign that era for black filmmakers was over especially with those themes. 

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I've tried to watch it a couple of times and can't get through it. Just too corny. 

Even though "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking..." itself didn't age well, Keenan Ivory Wayans' cameos come to mind every time I go back and watch some of those films.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ad8c43e0857d43a02e

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Tony knows his shit about movies and comics.  I've seen bits and pieces about it on Conrad's podcast, but he doesn't get to show it off much (which is why stuff like this and his Jason Todd comments surprise people).

Huge KISS fan too. Hits many open spots on the nerd bingo card, God bless him.