DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

11 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Edit - genuinely I don’t know what I’ve missed, my post was simply about how good the Heyman / Reigns promo was

Nah, man you're good. I'm sure Heyman was awesome and maybe I'll check it on Dailymotion or something. The guy sure has the gift of gab that's for damn sure. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Nah, man you're good. I'm sure Heyman was awesome and maybe I'll check it on Dailymotion or something. The guy sure has the gift of gab that's for damn sure. 

Man, genuinely, what have I done wrong for enjoying a little wrestling? EDIT - I also “literally said I am a knucklehead”

I get everything that’s going on, but Roman and Heyman killed it. For once I actually want to give the shithole of a promotion props. I’ve defended Impact on here for like 10 years in spite of WWE, I live abroad, I genuinely don’t know why I’ve pissed you off?

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 1

I don't watch it religiously but I enjoy Asuka's Youtube channel and would be very sad to see it go. And I would never pay for Cameo but it really says something when Big E's reviews are a perfect 5.0. I imagine he's one to go all out on something like that which is admirable since I've seen lots of clips where people put in zero effort.

• Like 3

Just now, Ultimo Necro said:

Man, genuinely, what have I done wrong for enjoying a little wrestling?

I get everything that’s going on, but Roman and Heyman killed it. For once I actually want to give the shithole of a promotion props. I’ve defended Impact on here for like 10 years in spite of WWE, I live abroad, I genuinely don’t know why I’ve pissed you off?

I'm sorry if you thought that but you're an awesome dude. Please forgive me if you thought I was coming down on your post because that wasn't the intention.

Fair play to them I'm glad they finally figured out how to book Roman and Heyman with him sounds great. And Roman is an incredible person who I'll always love. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm sorry if you thought that but you're an awesome dude. Please forgive me if you thought I was coming down on your post because that wasn't the intention.

Fair play to them I'm glad they finally figured out how to book Roman and Heyman with him sounds great. And Roman is an incredible person who I'll always love. 

My 40+ ass looks at things from a simple point of view. Wrestling is my escape from the shit that others less fortunate than me don’t get. I’m hyper critical of stuff for the most part. I don’t dive into the politics where it can be avoided. Apologies if I offended you man. Hugs?

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

My 40+ ass looks at things from a simple point of view. Wrestling is my escape from the shit that others less fortunate than me don’t get. I’m hyper critical of stuff for the most part. I don’t dive into the politics where it can be avoided. Apologies if I offended you man. Hugs?

Always hugs, my friend. I'm trying to avoid politics myself and deactivated Facebook last week. So here's to abiding the best we can. *raises giass*

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Always hugs, my friend. I'm trying to avoid politics myself and deactivated Facebook last week. So here's to abiding the best we can. *raises giass*

I deactivated my Facebook account a little over a year ago and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. It's pretty bad when Twitter is the more mature and responsible outlet in social media.

• Like 2

DVDVR is my social medium of choice, besides the odd dip into reddit to get a taste of what’s occurring in the wider IWC, which took a wild turn sideways with the cesspool of humanity exposed through Speaking Out. Kudos to anyone who sheds the negativity, I stole the line from podcaster Jeff Cannatta that I used in a previous post, love loving the stuff that you love, like the username Stevie Nipps. ?  
Edit not to just make this post a forum love-in, I was thinking listening to Tony Khan on his conference call, with him consuming all the crash TV era of wrestling in his formative years, how long before he leans into it and introduces a Russo-esque obnoxious alter ego. We already had the ode to ECW with the Janela hardcore stuff.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 3

That’s the one, I should have looked it up first.

CM Punk chief shit stirrer along with Gail Kim, Renee, Andrew Yang and the rest of the rag-tag band of misfits and misanthropes is a great source of amusement too. Sometimes these things grow arms and legs.

I know this contradicts my points on social media above but occasionally one gives into ones baser urges.
Oh shit that sounds amazingly pompous and holier than thou. Okay, we’re all pieces of shit. Is that better? This neurosis is why I don’t do social media much...

Edited by Custos
  • Like 3

God I’d love it if that Andrew Yang does half of what he said. It’s always blown my mind that NWA was part of a federal antitrust investigation and yet WWE keeps tootling along in 2020 with its independent  contractor bullshit 

• Like 1

Even our fun quotes can't be trusted~! Probably made up by someone who read Marx or maybe not. I'm attributing it to myself now, everyone must say the quote originated with me. I stake this claim.
https://citaty.net/citaty/1459873-vladimir-lenin-there-are-decades-when-weeks-happen-and-weeks-whe/

If I was AEW I'd start marketing themselves towards actual wrestlers.

"Come work for us, we'll let you be creative, we'll discuss indie dates, we'll give you equal opportunity for merchandise and growth, oh and we don't mind if you have a twitch or cameo account, make as much money as you want!"

They'd have enough wrestlers for five shows let alone the rumoured second.

• Like 2