DVDVR Message Board

Easy Skankin' - SDL - 8/28/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I had a horrible vision of the future where Big E finally wins the Universal Championship and Otis turns heel and cashes in immediately.  

But that's anger for later.... for now... SAMI ZAYN IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS!   

I'll say it again; Sasha Banks is not a good promo. That came off forced and memorized. Ugh. 

Interested in what they're doing with Alexa now, and it was surprising to see Tamina. 

There's no way Lesnar isn't gonna show up to screw Reigns, right?

Enjoyed the six man main event. Big E will be as big a star as he is allowed to be. 

I kinda like that they didn’t just put Sami back with Cesaro and Nakamura.  Opens up more possibilities for all, I think.  

Was Mandy not on the show at all after her big win?

i think the Fiend is going face which is really weird for a man who attacked a woman a few weeks back and essentially tried to murder Braun a little while back too.  

Jeff/Nakamura was decent, and I enjoyed AJ on commentary. Sami being back in nice. I like that Nakamura & Cesaaro aren't exactly welcoming him back with open arms.

The lack of any women's matches was disappointing. The Bayley/Sasha promo was alright, but they have done better. Alexa slowly turning via Fiend influence is a nice idea though they maybe rushed things a pinch tonight with the mug breaking.

6-man tag main event was solid enough.

Pierce's segments getting everyone to sign for the Payback main event were somewhat amusing. Roman being managed by Heyman is interesting. Roman is a guy I don't think really needs a mouthpiece though I do like this change. Its kind of been built for years with Heyman in and out of character admitting he wanted to manage Reigns, and it does well to explain Roman's change in attitude.

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Roman is a guy I don't think really needs a mouthpiece though I do like this change. Its kind of been built for years with Heyman in and out of character admitting he wanted to manage Reigns, and it does well to explain Roman's change in attitude.

Roman is a better talker when he has a Attitude or being a Dick or anytime he gets to show heel traits. With that being said,  He definitely doesn't need a mouthpiece. At the same time if your going to put Heyman with anyone but Brock it should be someone at Roman's position in the card. I just believe Roman should walk alone if he finally gets to have an Edge. Kinda like Diesel after Survivor Series when he was a Tweener but he was Heeling it up like crazy before he became a Definitive heel in his Feud with Taker.

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:

All aboard the Roman Reigns face turn. By turning him, “heel” he’s actually becoming the baby face WWE has wanted him to be.

True. Plus even while being ostensibly a heel, the crowd have been chanting along to Heyman's spiels for a while now