DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

I have to admit I did not watch a single second of the Blazers / Lakers series.  Who guards Harden?  Who guards Russ?  Are they seriously considering putting Dwight on the floor against the small ball Rockets? 

Who on the Rockets guards AD? ?

4 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

PJ Tucker.

? ? ?

Thank you for supplying me with my laugh for the week. 

As for who guards your duo I hope you were being facetious, because if you weren’t it’s obvious my least favorite player on either team is gonna guard Harden. You know the guy who thought he wouldn’t win five, six, or seven rings and ran out of Miami the moment the going got hard. 

Then again said guy is 1-0 in the playoffs against Harden and Westbrook. 

I’d assume if he plays tomorrow night that Rondo is guarding Westbrook. Which should get lively on both ends of the court (since neither guy will shut up the entire 48 minutes).

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

Um.

Even Whitlock thinks Giannis is going to Golden State!  That's all I'm going to take from that. 

(and, generally speaking, even the worst people in the world don't deserve seven gunshots to the back from the police)

This is the first time I'll agree with Lawful with how bad Giannis is playing. They are taking away all of his offensive strengths and forcing him to become an outside shooter. He's still great defensively and rebounding, as well as whenever he's able to penetrate and kick to an open man because of the heavy collapse, but his inside scoring is his bread and butter and it's been pretty much taken away.

• Like 2

Well we are about to find out if those rumours about no contract extension are true. I don't think you can run it back like something will change. This is the exact way Toronto beat them last year. And the core is locked up. Middleton isn't good enough to make up for Giannis' offensive deficiencies when they block him out like this. Not sure what they do though.

If the Bucks get swept in the second round, you have to think they might start thinking about a coaching change. Right now, Mike Budenholzer is starting to look the ultimate "regular season" coach that can't get it done in the playoffs. Doesn't adjust to his opponents, who have the luxury to gameplan his system thoroughly, etc.

You gotta try to do everything possible to keep Giannis in town, and that might mean making a change there.

Maybe. Budenholzer hasn't had an answer and a coaching change is the easiest option in cases like this but holy shit it would be a little cruel to fire somebody with Budenholzer's regular season record and how he's maximized his players during that time. But yeah, that's probably it because you can't run it back for a third time without something big. If they get a clear no from Giannis then maybe they would be better served blowing it up but that would be sad to see. I want to see this team take the next step.