DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

The Raptors/Celtics 2nd round opener today has been postponed.  No make up date set.  

Aside from that, the Heat wait for the Bucks or Magic.  

No team in the West has qualified yet. 

TO in the mud. I feel like between Raptors claiming to be Canada's team and the whole "NOBODY IS GIVING US ATTENTION" routine from last year through this year what with Toronto being the centre of the hockey universe since the dawn of time regardless of how shit the Leafs are, it feels good. Most of us in Vancouver that are old enough had a team in the Sonics. That was taken away. Then we got the Grizzlies, an all-time terribly run team and they're in Memphis now. So, no, the Raptors are not our team. The homer announcers too. A truly awful package. I don't like the Celtics either but I hope Boston sweeps them.

Similarly, I'm no Miami fan but should they beat the Bucks, I hope they take the east in 4.

Edited by Jiji

Well the 4th quarter should've eased your stress levels because Milwaukee played poorly on both ends. Can't have Giannis and Middleton play like shit offensively at the same time. The wall is working too and it feels an awful lot like the Raptors series. Adjustments are needed.

Will Milwaukee put Giannis on the lead scoring wing who shoots mid-range jumpers this year? They resisted so hard with Kawhi last year, while he abused Middleton and Giannis was stuck watching on the help side because Leonard never went to the rim.

Against most teams, that works great, because nobody uses mid range shots effectively, and Giannis absolutely wrecks entire offensive gameplans by attacking from the weak side. Butler might not play that well every night, but he'll chew up Middleton went just doesn't have the bulk and strength. Moving Giannis over to the lead ball handler means basically chucking out their entire defensive system, but it might be their best shot. And they theoretically would probably need to do it again either LeBron or Kawhi in a potential finals.

Miami's defense is spectacular. They are flustering Milwaukee's incredible offense. It's like they play so tight to their man and yet rarely get blown by in addition to walling off Giannis from the paint. 

I missed the first half but both defenses were great, Miami's just that much better. I thought Bledsoe's return would be enough and while it was closer still naw. Still haven't gotten Giannis free. I feel like they aren't doing enough two man pick and roll game with him and Middleton and instead trying to free both with off ball screens and it's not working.