DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Mamba Mentality - 8/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know if it's the Thunderdome either.  The new venue debuted on Friday for Smackdown and then was seen again at SummerSlam.  And if anyone missed those shows they could have seen some videos on YouTube. 

My only guess is post-SummerSlam bump.  The numbers are usually better following one of the main 4 PPVs.

Yes, but usually Summerslam feels like a big deal. It's such an afterthought this year that there's another PPV on Sunday. Your biggest Raw matches were Drew vs Orton and Rollins vs Dominik. Maybe Keith Lee's debut? I don't know. Who cares unless the bump stays, I guess?

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

does WWE really need to own Keith Lee's music? They are hardly strapped for cash.  They would make MORE money with Keith Lee becoming a huge star than they will by trademarking some SHIT generic rock trash. 

Better question for the similar problem: Shouldn't WWE ALREADY OWN Keith Lee's music? Lee didn't use his NXT theme on the indie scene, meaning WWE had to have at least produced the song.

The rules of song rights would mean that either the writer of the song (presumably either Lee himself or the WWE) or the producers of the song (which, if this is the case, WWE would have produced) get full rights to use the song freely (and if you have both, you're covered forever- hence why R-Truth was able to take his theme song from TNA to WWE). 

Even the "well, maybe CFO$ wrote the song and it's WWE just being petty for the sake of being petty since they had the audacity to leave the company" wouldn't make sense since so many other people's CFO$ songs are still there.

Edited by SorceressKnight
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Better question for the similar problem: Shouldn't WWE ALREADY OWN Keith Lee's music? Lee didn't use his NXT theme on the indie scene, meaning WWE had to have at least produced the song.

The rules of song rights would mean that either the writer of the song (presumably either Lee himself or the WWE) or the producers of the song (which, if this is the case, WWE would have produced) get full rights to use the song freely (and if you have both, you're covered forever- hence why R-Truth was able to take his theme song from TNA to WWE). 

Even the "well, maybe CFO$ wrote the song and it's WWE just being petty for the sake of being petty since they had the audacity to leave the company" wouldn't make sense since so many other people's CFO$ songs are still there.

I wonder how much longer.