DVDVR Message Board

Payback VI - 8/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Bell rings before one of the competitors joins the fray because... why? 

Guys is alllowed to sign on for a match that’s already ongoing because... why? 

Good result. But how they got there was dumb. 

Since the day of doc reminded me.  It was a mix of mania x7 with the chair and mania play button with the mid match cash in.  Especially since Braun the challenger was pinned just like how Roman was pinned when challenging Brock.

IIconics vs. Riott Squad was pretty solid, definitely one of IIconics better performances.

E/Sheamus was solid as expected.

Lashley/Apollo had some nice stuff, and I'm pleased to see Lashley as champ.

Lee looked impressive against Orton and they were smart giving him the victory. I couldn't have asked for anything more than those two things.

Mysterios vs. Rollins/Murphy was easily MOTN for me. Loved the action, the trash talking, and it was good to see the Mysterios finally take home the win against Rollins. The father and son actually made for a solid team..

Bayley/Sasha vs. Shayna/Nia was way better than I expected. Dug everything they did around Nia. Bayley & Sasha's team work was nice, and I loved that finish.

Braun/Fiend was a better brawl this week than it was last week. The ring break was predictable and kind of dumb. Roman coming in and winning the way he did was nice enough booking to really emphasize he is a heel in this. Really hope everything we are seeing is building to Roman/Big E at next year's Wrestlemania.

This was a far better show than it kind of deserved to be considering the lazy booking going in. The tag matches were all quite nice and easily the best matches on the show. Booking wise things felt weirdly right as well with most of the finishes. 

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show. Smackdown, June 2003.

Mark Henry vs. The Big Show. Vengeance 2011.

Big Show vs. Braun Strowman. RAW, April 2017.

Braun Strowman vs. The Fiend. Payback 2020.

This all of them in WWE?

Though a superplex wasn't involved, Undertaker collapsed the ring with his lightning at the 2006 Royal Rumble show. I was in attendance and everyone was pumped for Mysterio winning the Rumble and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't end the show with that match. When Undertaker came out at the end of Angle vs Mark Henry and blew up the ring it made sense. I remember the effects looking terrible and it was a bummer ending to the night.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Not a Rollins guy but that tag was fantastic between Murphy’s bumping, Rey’s comebacks and all kinds of goodness.

Really really REALLY well laid-out match from start to finish. 

Do we have a timeframe for Jimmy Uso, Kofi and Woods getting back?

The Roman Empire (Reigns/Usos) up against the New Day from Survivor Series through to Mania to cap it all off would be fantastic.

Does Murphy turn face or will putting Rollins down (so he can go be a dad til Rumble/Mania) make him more of a heel? Murphy vs Lashley could be pretty sweet. Murphy vs Lee? Even a shot a Drew on an 'off' month PPV or hyped up Raw could be awesome.

Also the Mysterios should take the tag titles and face off with Benjamin/MVP, Almas/Garza, Profits, Raiders etc. Can Akam and Rezar get back to wipe them out?

Edited by L_W_P

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Match was good.  3/4ths of the women are awesome but you know what,  when Alvarez is right he's right.. 

You knew the Sasha Banks/Bayley breakup was coming but it doesn't make it easier. I'm in two minds about it. The Golden Role Models are the best act in WWE and can the two recreate the chemistry against one another from NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn and Respect 2015? I'd have kept the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships on them longer. Less of Nia Jax, the better considering the amount of people she's hurt recklessly.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Match was good.  3/4ths of the women are awesome but you know what,  when Alvarez is right he's right.. 

Bayley & Sasha were the best things on Raw and Smackdown. They were only on NXT for a short period, and that women's division in general is one of the best things in all of WWE at the moment. I actually wouldn't give them much credit for NXT. Nia was fine in this particular match though I agree about the post match interview sucking. Also just because Bayley & Sasha hit up every show doesn't mean Nia and Shayna will. Not to say they won't at all, but I'm not sure they team the two long term or see them as big enough deals to try using on multiple shows a weeks like they did the Horsewomen.

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

That's just that WWE style. Makes no sense. I mean, they said on WOR that it was obvious that Riddle and Corbin would go at least 10 minutes since Riddle and Gable only went 90 seconds. I knew what to expect and it wasn't offense, just kind of...boring and stale.

The fact that they have to bring up Riddle's Me Too nightmare in the beat down or maybe it was a tweet tells me how little they think of Riddle and how amazingly desperate they are to make Corbin the top guy.  Seriously is the first case of someone using the movement for a storyline?

Edited by hammerva