DVDVR Message Board

Payback VI - 8/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Right guy went over.  Roman Reigns with Paul Heyman is a fresh idea. Let's see where it goes   Bray Wyatt can still do his Funhouse universe stuff away from the title scene. 

Sasha and Bayley were fantastic carrying the action around Nia Jax and then had a really good finishing stretch with Shayna.  That's the match of the night right there. 

Keith Lee had great attire,  got a huge win over Orton but still had shitty music.  I don't know what this means for Orton and McIntyre. 

• Like 1

Raise your hand if you knew they were doing the ring collapsing spot because there were no trons on the post or apron. *Raises hand*

At least there's some character progression for the first time in forever. Reigns & Big E have some momentum. Keith Lee got a good rub. Liked the finish to the Women's Tag Title Match. WTF was Nia's cringey celebrating shit tho? Totally unnecessary thrown together ppv, but it was inoffensive and mostly fine-ish.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Raise your hand if you knew they were doing the ring collapsing spot because there were no trons on the post or apron. *Raises hand*

(wife and I are watching, before the ring collapse spot:)
(Me) "Bray is going to Superplex Braun and the ring is going to colapse, and Charles Robinson is going to take a bump to the outside."
(Her) "How do you know?"
(Me) "EVERYTIME they have the ring set up with no LCD board aprons and regular posts, they do that spot."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don't know how anyone watches that main event and comes away with the idea that Roman Reigns is anything besides a heel.

Oh, he's a heel for sure. It wasn't as clear before he aligned himself with Heyman.

12 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show. Smackdown, June 2003.

Mark Henry vs. The Big Show. Vengeance 2011.

Big Show vs. Braun Strowman. RAW, April 2017.

Braun Strowman vs. The Fiend. Payback 2020.

This all of them in WWE?

Edited by The Natural

I actually thought this was pretty decent. I like Reigns' current direction, thought all of the finishes were good, unless I'm forgetting something, and that the matches were mostly ok for the WWE style.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought Riddle and Corbin kind of sucked.  If they are going to push Riddle then give him some flash KO's. There's no reason for him and Corbin to go that long. 

That's just that WWE style. Makes no sense. I mean, they said on WOR that it was obvious that Riddle and Corbin would go at least 10 minutes since Riddle and Gable only went 90 seconds. I knew what to expect and it wasn't offense, just kind of...boring and stale.