DVDVR Message Board

A New DC Video Game Thread

The Natural

4 hours ago, AxB said:

See, I get why they don't do Deadshot straight from the pages of the comics (because he'd look like a second rate copy of Deadpool (even though 'Pool was a parody of 'Shot originally). But that's no reason to instead make him a second rate copy of War Machine.

Deadpool was a parody of Deathstroke. Wade Wilson/Slade Wilson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really wish Batman: Arkham Asylum had these alternate Batsuits. It's a big tick advantage for Batman: Arkham City over Arkham Asylum even though I rate Arkham Asylum as the best Arkham game. Rocksteady did a great job picking the alternative suits. It really needed Batman of Zur-en-Arrh, The Dark Knight and Batman (1989). Switch those with Sinestro Corps Batman, Batman: Earth One and Batman, Incorporated.

Edited by The Natural

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A year after being revealed at DC FanDome 2020 - Gotham Knights will show off more at DC FanDome 2021 (Oct 16)

It is unclear if Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will also be featured (folks are guessing yes since the Harley Quinn featured in the Suicide Squad trailer can be seen in a poster hyping the 2021 FanDome)

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A year after being revealed at DC FanDome 2020 - Gotham Knights will show off more at DC FanDome 2021 (Oct 16)

It is unclear if Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will also be featured (folks are guessing yes since the Harley Quinn featured in the Suicide Squad trailer can be seen in a poster hyping the 2021 FanDome)

Most of the news sites are saying Suicide Squad is also confirmed for Fan Dome.

https://www.gamesradar.com/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-and-gotham-knights-confirmed-for-dc-fandome/

• 1 month later...

Batman_Arkham_City_Game_Cover.jpg

Batman: Arkham City (2011) turns 10.

One of my favourite games ever as a hardcore Batman fanatic for the Arkhamverse, the location of a dilapidated Gotham City turned into Arkham City and the gameplay. Need to mention that Mr. Freeze boss fight. Freeflow combat was already great in Batman: Arkham City and its improved upon here. Speaking of improvements, different costumes and different playable characters here. Batman and Nightwing the standouts. I still think it was wrong of Rocksteady advertising a playable Catwoman but we were to find out just before release she was DLC. That's why I waited for the Game of the Year edition which physically collected everything. I will say there were too many Riddler Trophies, 440 compared to Batman: Arkham Asylum with 240. I collected them in both games, one of my proudest gaming achievements.

I still rate Batman: Arkham Asylum as the best Arkham game for the smaller story, the atmosphere in the creepy Arkham Asylum, Joker belittling you over the public address sound system, Arleen Sorkin's last performance as Harley Quinn and those fantastic Scarecrow sections.

Can't forget, best we try:

Augmented reality training failed.

Specifically the Joker tunnel.

Edited by The Natural

• 1 month later...