DVDVR Message Board

A New DC Video Game Thread

The Natural

3364932-batman04_p20_colorlo_fco_plascen

Beware the Court of Owls, that watches all the time. Ruling Gotham from a shadowed perch, behind granite and lime.They watch you at your hearth, they watch you in your bed. Speak not a whispered word about them, or they'll send the Talon for your head.

Edited by The Natural

As someone who doesn't keep up with the comics, I have very little knowledge of the Court of Owls.  Looking at Wikipedia they debuted in 2011, which means the original Arkham game is older than them.  That said, it's a new Arkham game, the villains could be Crazy Quilt, Killer Moth and the Condiment King and I'd play it.

• Haha 2

Gotham Knights announced at DC Fandom - playable characters are Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing and (I believe) the Red Hood. I'm not super into Batman or anything but I'm pretty sure those are the characters based off the trailer that just premiered.

Gotham Knights looks cool, but waiting this long to announce a Batman game only for there to be no Batman...I feel like that’s not going to go over well with a lot of people.  

On one hand, I’m excited to finally get to play an Arkham universe game co-op with my buddies.  On the other hand, the appearance of enemy health bars and damage numbers leads me to suspect that this is going to be Yet Another Online Gear Grind Game, and I am not excited about that.

But where the fuck is Batman tho? Why would I want to play a game as Robin or off brand Robin? Or some dork in a red mask with guns? I'm not a comic reader. I don't care about any of this. ?

The city during the Freeze mission looks so cool but is it just me or is the frame rate super low, particularly when Batgirl is on the bike? 

Luckily you and @EVA aren't being forced to play this game ? It's refreshing, to me, because I don't give a single fuck about another Batman game.

But to be completely honest I'm more hyped for the Suicide Squad game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Luckily you and @EVA aren't being forced to play this game ? It's refreshing, to me, because I don't give a single fuck about another Batman game.

But to be completely honest I'm more hyped for the Suicide Squad game.

The ol' YOU CAN GYET OUT argument. Nice.

I do wonder if the game will sell fewer copies because you're not playing as everybody's favourite poor people beater-upper. And it looks like they got rid of the combat hit streak? A brave new world for sure.

Not sure if I will ever play it, but Gotham Knights looks pretty awesome. I love the idea of Dick, Barbara, Tim, & Jason taking the lead as a team. The Court of Owls being involved sounds neat as well. Bruce being dead is questionable, especially if they are involving the Owls.