DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

What are you guys talking about?  No home court advantage?  Are YOUR Orlando Magic not in the playoff bubble?  They earned this moment as the lowest 8 seed.  The championship goes through Orlando. Bucks beware.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

What are you guys talking about?  No home court advantage?  Are YOUR Orlando Magic not in the playoff bubble?  They earned this moment as the lowest 8 seed.  The championship goes through Orlando. Bucks beware.

But, having said that, home ice matters more in playoff hockey than home court in basketball, and both Toronto and Edmonton went out in the qualifying round- so that's not a guarantee either.

22 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

But, having said that, home ice matters more in playoff hockey than home court in basketball, and both Toronto and Edmonton went out in the qualifying round- so that's not a guarantee either.

In all seriousness now, I disagree. I think home court matters more in the NBA than the other four major US leagues. I think it's one of the reasons why the NBA playoffs generally have the least amount of playoff upsets out of the four leagues too.

Edited by _MJ_

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Home ice in hockey means you get last change, which means you get to line match your best against their worst, or your checking line against their best, etc. It's pretty huge.

Outside of my hockey knowledge, so I appreciate this fact.

Edited by _MJ_

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I had the opportunity to watch the end of the Jazz and Nuggets game,  fantastic game..   the back and forth between Mitchell and Murray was awesome 

Donovan Mitchell was out there like Jesus...then Jamal Murray happened.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, _MJ_ said:

In case yallllllll forgot:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

In case yallllllll forgot:

I didn't think a song could be written exactly for "Mickey Mouse to dance to".    If you want a theme song, here you go  (featuring Dan Majerle's excruciating whiteness)

Oh, and this is the first time since May 2000(!) that the Heat won a playoff game without Dwayne Wade on the roster.