DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2020 OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Ducky's family announced earlier this summer the cancer had returned. Today's been a tough day to process. He was always the guy I pretended to be playing street hockey with my brothers and friends growing up.

https://twitter.co

Love seeing this come up on twitter. Can you think of a better forward line being put together at any point? Top two players in the world at the time, and the other guy was probably in the top 10.

People older than me think Bobby Hull was the greatest Jet. People a little younger than me think it's Teemu. I know Ducky was the greatest player we ever had here. Sorry he is gone way too soon, but happy that he doesn't have to suffer anymore. RIP.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Ducky's family announced earlier this summer the cancer had returned. Today's been a tough day to process. He was always the guy I pretended to be playing street hockey with my brothers and friends growing up.

https://twitter.co

Love seeing this come up on twitter. Can you think of a better forward line being put together at any point? Top two players in the world at the time, and the other guy was probably in the top 10.

People older than me think Bobby Hull was the greatest Jet. People a little younger than me think it's Teemu. I know Ducky was the greatest player we ever had here. Sorry he is gone way too soon, but happy that he doesn't have to suffer anymore. RIP.

He was also inducted into the Buffalo Sabres Hall Of Fame in 2011.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Golden Knights have given Robin Lehner a 5 year, $25 million dollar deal

So clearly Marc-Andre Fleury will be playing for someone else next season

Ozzy Wiesblatt was the last pick of the first round, No. 31, but the Sharks treated him like he was first overall. In announcing the pick, Doug Wilson Jr. used American Sign Language to spell "Ozzy," as Wiesblatt was raised by his mother, who is deaf. Wiesblatt learned ASL before he could talk, and uses it regularly to communicate with his family at home. Then the Sharks had him on a Zoom call with the media, and stars Logan Couture, Erik Karlsson, Brent Burns and others dropped into the chat to welcome him to the team. The Sharks have a league-wide reputation for being an organization that'll go the extra mile, and you can see why.

• Like 2