DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

The Utah Jazz (and the arena) have been sold for $1.66 billion to Ryan Smith, the founder of Qualtrics

Smith is a lifelong Utah resident and Jazz fan. (He is also only fucking 40).

This ends the Miller family's 35 year run as owners of the team

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Utah Jazz (and the arena) have been sold for $1.66 billion to Ryan Smith, the founder of Qualtrics

Smith is a lifelong Utah resident and Jazz fan. (He is also only fucking 40).

This ends the Miller family's 35 year run as owners of the team

This is false. James Harden is the owner of the Jazz.

OK, didn't see this one coming: Mike D'Antoni will join Steve Nash's staff as an assistant, as will Ime Udoka.

I feel a lot better about the Nets' chances now, although they still have very high disaster potential.

• Like 1

Speaking of boring...

The Knicks just keep taking L's.  

(Also, Miami's jersey is allegedly the final "Vice" jersey, so it's supposed to incorporate all 4 colors from previous years.)

The NBA board of governors and the NBPA are meeting tomorrow, with the expectation that they'll approve the 72 game season starting December 22.  In return the players are getting a smaller percentage of their salaries put in escrow.

Wojo says the players will take a formal vote on it Thursday night

Apparently one of the ways the NBA is getting the players onboard is agreeing to change the escrow so that the players financial hit is spread out of a few years instead of taking it all at once

The Raptors are in negotiations with Tampa to host games for this upcoming season.  Probably because Canada seems to take this pandemic seriously. 

On the other hand...  if I'm the people in Austin, Las Vegas, St. Louis, Louisville, or any other(American) city that's remotely expressed an interest in getting an NBA franchise, I'd be moving heaven and earth to get home games for an NBA team.  

• Like 1