DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

28 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Would he go back to his high tempo Suns pick & roll style? I think it would be interesting at least.

That would be my guess, but they aren't really built for that either. Although more that than "iso and spot up"

I thought Barbosa retired years ago, but I guess he just went back to play in Brazil. He was one of my favorites back when he was on the Suns.

Shaun Livingston is also joining the Warriors' front office.

• Like 1

He was still playing? Dude was an awesome backup pointguard and could slot into the two just fine because his skill set was honestly better suited for it. Good length and active defender. I kinda want to go back and watch that Suns team. I listened to the Nash interview with Simmons on the latter's podcast where they talk about the 2007 series with the Spurs. Probably my favourite team ever to watch and D'Antoni was way ahead of the game. 

51 minutes ago, Jiji said:

He was still playing? Dude was an awesome backup pointguard and could slot into the two just fine because his skill set was honestly better suited for it. Good length and active defender. I kinda want to go back and watch that Suns team. I listened to the Nash interview with Simmons on the latter's podcast where they talk about the 2007 series with the Spurs. Probably my favourite team ever to watch and D'Antoni was way ahead of the game. 

There was also like a 2-3 year period where he had to be the fastest dude in the NBA baseline-to-baseline.  He went on fast breaks like he was shot out of a cannon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

What happened to all your blind hate for him? And what incentive does he have to go play with Ball Hog 1 and 2? 

If anything he’d be more likely to want to go back East again. Or hell I’m sure Cuban can clear cap room, and pair him with Luka and Kristaps (both of whom fit his style much better than the chokers in Houston).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Yet one of those has two rings and the other has zero. So clearly the one guy has been good enough to win in the finals twice. What did Harden do in the finals? Oh that’s right he lost 4-1 to the overrated Miami Heat (who the year before got it handed to them by Dirk Nowitzki and a pile of garbage).

And here’s a few stats for our resident expert on everything Harden and Kawhi related:

James Harden NBA Finals:

37.5 FG% (18-48)

31.8 3PT% (7-22)

4.8 RPG

3.1 AST

0 Blocks ? ? 

1.2 SPG

12.4 PPG 

So yeah aren’t this amazing stats over the course of a 5 game series? Especially when he averaged 33 MPG.

For reference though let’s compare it to Kawhi’s first finals trip (also a loss to Miami. The Spurs lost 4-3 due to Ray Allen’s miracle 3 to send game 6 to overtime):

Kawhi Leonard NBA Finals (2012-13 season only)

51.3 FG% (41-80)

11.1 RPG (Second to only Tim Duncan)

0.9 AST ? ?

3 Blocks 

2.0 SPG

14.6 PPG 

I’d be intrigued to see how you spin those stats into Harden somehow being the better big game player of the two. Especially since the only other times Kawhi made the Finals he’s won, and that elimination game record stat can be shoved anywhere you desire since he didn’t face an Elimination Game in the Finals either of the two times he won. San Antonio beat Miami 4-1, and Toronto beat Golden State 4-2. So that shows how worthless your new favorite stat is. Since just like MJ, Kawhi doesn’t need to have an elimination game. 

31 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And I thought you two had each other on ignore. . .

I did for a bit, then he started his anti Kawhi BS again. Plus he’s allowed to make as many posts per day as he desires (which he shouldn’t be making 5+ a day saying the same nonsense over and over again), and linking to random Twitter accounts nobody has heard of but that share his dumb viewpoints. So as long as he can do that then I’ll post my thoughts too.

It seems quite easy for any MOD to tell him to cool it a bit. But hey he’s just a harmless Houston homer right? 

1 hour ago, MavsFan77 said:

I did for a bit, then he started his anti Kawhi BS again. Plus he’s allowed to make as many posts per day as he desires (which he shouldn’t be making 5+ a day saying the same nonsense over and over again), and linking to random Twitter accounts nobody has heard of but that share his dumb viewpoints. So as long as he can do that then I’ll post my thoughts too.

It seems quite easy for any MOD to tell him to cool it a bit. But hey he’s just a harmless Houston homer right? 

You know there's an ignore function on the board where you can actually not see any of his posts, right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

You know there's an ignore function on the board where you can actually not see any of his posts, right?

I’m aware. I just figure as long as he’s given free reign to spew his non factual BS about Kawhi that I’m entitled to say what I want about Harden. Especially when I back up my points with actual real stats and not selective nonsense or metrics that only the nerds on Twitter are aware of.