DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 8/11/20

Mostly building to Emergence and more WrestleHouse greatness. Taya has the best expressions. Kiera/Tasha vs Nevaeh/Havok was short but fun while it lasted. Solid main event.

Results:

Impact Wrestling - August 11, 2020

*Eric Young def. Willie Mack (8:40) after the Piledriver

*Jordynne Grace def. Kimber Lee (7:52) via rear naked choke submission.

*Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz def. Nevaeh & Havok (7:54) in a No DQ match when Kiera pinned Nevaeh.

*Dezmond Xavier (w/ Wentz) vs Suicide went to a no contest (1:08) when The Good Brothers interrupted and took out both. After the match, Gallows & Anderson called out Ace Austin & Madman Fulton. Ace & Fulton appeared on the tron and set up a tag team match for next week. 

*Eddie Edwards(c) def. Brian Myers (14:53) after the Boston Knee Party to retain the Impact Worlds Championship 

The Twitch stream was having major issues but I was able to find someone streaming the AXS version on Twitch I found it right as Wrestle House started. Grace vs. Kimber was solid as was the NO DQ tag. Kylie vs. Taya next week at Wrestle House should be good. 

Need to do another run-through but I watched a good bit of it, and actually don't mind the crowdless matches with the sound off now. The announcing without Callis bugs me. Rayne isn't really a poor replacement, I just don't like her. Mathews insisting on saying "Kimber, Lee" every time had me racing for the mute button again.

Whichever gal, Hogan or Steelz, took the kicks to the back from Havok before getting dumped completely on her head off the buckles deserved a run-in with some cold spray.

I still cannot recognize Curt Hawkins at all. If you told me he was Zack Ryder I would believe you.

• Haha 1

I really liked the no DQ Tag and think it would have been better with a crowd.

The Wrestle House stuff was great again. The backstage stuff with the Rascals got a chuckle out of me. 

I always say this, but Impact got everyone on the roster except for Shamrock involved in something during the episode. Just a great use of what they have.

• Like 2