DVDVR Message Board

NPW Strong and other USA shows

Archibald

15 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Well now I have no idea what the IWGP US title is.

Yeah, I figured the IWGP United States Championship was there to act as the top title in NJPW STRONG like the NXT United Kingdom Championship is. This NJPW STRONG OPENWEIGHT Championship has to be a secondary title as the NEVER Openweight Championship is to the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship in NJPW.

Edited by The Natural

Yeah, feels like the long term plan for USA title is to be "main" title and for this to be midcard title. I wonder if we are going to get some kind of a junior title as well? So that both "branches" would have junior, openweight and heavyweight titles.

• Like 1

So Mox/Nagata for USA title? Sounds somewhat interesting, but where would it happen? I could see Nagata getting a trip to USA. I think that Strong and RoH (was supposed to be in Pure tournament from what I recall) could use some of his wrestling.

• Like 1

Nagata has accepted Mox's nomination for the US title and is prepared to go to USA. Nagata hasn't been in the single title front since 2016.

Edited by D.Z

The finish in the Lawlor/Hikuelo was kinda creative, but kinda silly.

Opening tag was dope.

Brody/Rush was good and the size disparity actually works since Brody works like a monster but he's not actually that big.

Lawlor vs. Brody in the finals should be good.

I hope they mostly keep the US title in USA, and maybe sometimes someones defends the title in Japan.

Seems Nagata mentioned doing strikes based match but we will see, doesn't always go as mentioned.

Another great show today.  If you can fit in time to watch both the tag match and Fredericks vs. Connors, you really should.  At the very least, the main event was super intense and physical.  It's starting to finally sink in that every Clark Connors match is really good to great, and the whole show, in a subtle way, revolves around him.  

Along with the slow-burn ascent of Connors into a wrestling machine, the unexpected yet substantial progress Fred Rosser has shown are the two main things that keep me watching this program.  The show still seems to remain under the radar, but there's lots of stuff going on here with future implications for the wrestling industry in general, so I never feel like my time has been wasted.  

• Like 2

I never knew I'd be into Grizzled Vet Fred Rosser but here we are! That tag match was great and having an explicit stratification of your roster makes everything fall into place compared to your traditionally designed US promotion.

And that main event was great. Again with the levels between guys, Karl has graduated so he's just a bit better than Connors and was able to pull it out in the end. But Connors is right there and you know it's going to turn around for him soon. I don't know what the future holds for Connors (I'd guess some Jrs work in NJPW and Indy work) but dude is nice with it!

Also we get Mox and his dope NJPW theme back!

Does Adrian Quest have Selena on his shorts? That's pretty dope. 

Hey Royce Issacs! Haven't seen him in forever.

Oh, Nagata has the old man knees! Ooh that might not be good for the Dynamite match unless they do some ground stuff.