DVDVR Message Board

(Marvel's) Avengers, ASSEMBLE!

SirFozzie

The teased blog post from last week

https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/sotg_oct_2020/

Kate Bishop was supposed to be this month. She is delayed with the only time table being "not in October"

The next gen version of the game are delayed till some time next year

All in the name of "improving the game"

They are giving you free currencies as a thank you

I'm not ready to declare this game is dead, especially since it's only been a month. But they aren't doing themselves any favors. Delaying the DLC characters, the next-gen upgrade, and hyping up the Tachyon Rift missions only to have them be timed missions and be MAYBE 10 minutes worth of gameplay... man.

They really should have just delayed this game again until sometime in 2021.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 9:57 AM, The Natural said:

NSFW.

Staggering incompetence when you consider how hot Marvel and the Avengers are plus you see the quality of the Batman: Arkham games by Rocksteady Studios and Insomniac Games Marvel's Spider-Man.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:57 PM, Craig H said:

Yeah. This thing is dead. I mean, I guess it could see a No Man's Sky style resurgence, but I doubt it. 

$60 down the drain. The last game I wasted $60 on was Star Wars Battlefront 2, which was such a huge mess for nearly the first year of its release. I uninstalled that one about 2 months in figuring it was done for. And then it felt like the dev team rebuilt that game after release and it became pretty fucking cool.

I don't see the same happening with Avengers.

Edited by Craig H

Maestro Hulk looks pretty sweet. Seemingly kills a lot of Avengers in the future, so I guess Hawkeye’s DLC is future based - that’s cool.

I might buy back in soon, I’m gonna wait to see what the Kate Bishop stuff adds to the game though.

• 3 weeks later...

So I grabbed the digital version for $30 during their current sale. This game runs so much better on a PS5, damn. The Kate Bishop DLC is pretty fun too, it's got cut scenes and everything! Odd how the women in this game are infinitely more fun to play as compared to Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Cap.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

So I grabbed the digital version for $30 during their current sale. This game runs so much better on a PS5, damn. The Kate Bishop DLC is pretty fun too, it's got cut scenes and everything! Odd how the women in this game are infinitely more fun to play as compared to Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Cap.

Wait - they don't have the "free upgrade if you already own the previous gen version of the game" deal?

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hi! Remember this game!

Hawkeye and the next gen versions come March 18

I'm still playing it, albeit not as often. I'm looking forward to the next gen upgrade - hopefully the trophies will be like Control where it tells you how far along you are. It seems like I've been playing for months and months and still haven't gotten the trophies for doing 30 War Zone missions on difficulty 3 or higher (and strongboxes). I'm so close to the platinum and it's driving me nuts.

Oh and I guess the Hawkeye stuff is cool too. I like the Ronin outfit, and the story seems interesting. But it's clear that the Maestro boss battle will be a re-skinned Abomination fight probably, and in the trailer there's glimpses of yet another Taskmaster fight. 

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hi! Remember this game!

Hawkeye and the next gen versions come March 18

Well, that sucks.   Avengers is half price for Xbox Live Gold members for a limited time.  If I wait for the current gen version, I'll probably have to pay full price.

Yeah, it's $30 for Xbox until Monday, I think. It's definitely not worth $60 so, I mean, if you're actually interested I'd just get it now, wait for the upgrade in a month, then start it. The story is pretty good, but I'm bias because I love Ms. Marvel a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

So they've decided that the problem with the game was that it was too easy for superheroes to get superpowers.... oooooookaaayyyyyyy…..

I sure am glad I talked myself out of buying this dumb game when it was on sale for XB Gold players.

Can I just get a remaster of X-Men Legends and move on, please?

Edited by J.T.