DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 8/4/20

Show flew by. Another week of solid matches and great WrestleHouse with Swinger killing it. "B.O.? Bob Orton's here? Superplex daddy!" classic. The usual good angle progression in between. Solid closing angle, kept waiting for EY to show up. 

Results:

Impact Wrestling - August 4, 2020

*Moose def. Heath (8:57) via pinfall with tights pulled after a low blow when the ref was knocked down, to retain his TNA title. As a result, Heath does not earn an Impact contract.

*Jimmy Jacobs interviewed the Motor City Machine Guns in the ring. They talked about their return after 8 years until the North interrupted and set up their tag title rematch to take place at the Impact Emergence TV special in a couple weeks.

*Eddie Edwards(c) def. Sami Callihan (11:45) after the Boston Knee Party to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. Prior to the match, Rob Van Dam attacked Callihan during his entrance.

*TJP & Fallah Bahh def. Chris Bey & Rohit Raju (11:07) when TJP used a cross armbreaker on Bey

*Rich Swann came to the ring and talked about his injury, return, and being put out again by Eric Young. Swann announced his retirement from wrestling. Members of the locker room came out and surrounded the ring in support of Swann. Swann left the ring and went up the ramp, where Eric Young knocked him down and hit him with his crutch then ran away, leaving the members of the roster tending to Swann.

• Like 1

Katie Forbes is amazing. She hasn't improved one bit since she was ran out of Wildkat Sports. She actually might have gotten worse.

She was so bad 5 years or so ago,she pretty much killed women's wrestling on the MS/AL/LA gulf coast. And that is with her only having 7 matches.

As long as she isn't wrestling in Impact that is good.

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, bobholly138 said:

Katie Forbes is amazing. She hasn't improved one bit since she was ran out of Wildkat Sports. She actually might have gotten worse.

She was so bad 5 years or so ago,she pretty much killed women's wrestling on the MS/AL/LA gulf coast. And that is with her only having 7 matches.

As long as she isn't wrestling in Impact that is good.

I've said this before but I thought she was just some stripper that Rob met at a gym. I had no clue she was even trained ?

Tell me -- she used a Butt-Butt and a Bronco Buster, right?

Edited by Curt McGirt

Back then her moves were getting in the ring without falling. Runnign with out falling and throwing the worst punches ever. Will dig around see if any of her matches are still online.

She was a dancer at a few clubs in NOLA. Trying to remember who "discovered" her and got Luke Hawx started training her.

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2020 at 8:24 AM, Hail Sabin said:

Her going against Mayu/Sumie in ROH in a tag match has been replaying the last several weeks on local TV. Tenille is on Commentary and is out front how much she doesn't like Forbes' work. 

Tenille wasn't the only one.  After seeing that I stopped caring about the women's division and soon after ROH itself.  It's a shame what they've become, especially when thinking about the women that worked there before.

As for stuff worth caring about I liked last week's episode.  I haven't cared much for Swann but man did he make one helluva speech.  I liked that the wrestlers came out but as soon as Rich went up the ramp you knew what was going to happen.  And while I want to see Kylie go for that title I do love Wrestle House a ton.  I'm hoping for at least a couple more weeks of it before they go back to a more normal setting.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2