DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Another thing I just thought of is how things will work out with virtual fans.  It's one thing to have them for sports like basketball where they're there to cheer on their team.  But given how those attending WWE shows have been and the limited amount they can have virtually it could increase the chances of having somebody with contrarian opinions stick out more.  I know it could be much ado about nothing but I'll be curious to see how that plays out.

And if I had the chance to interview Dunn I would simply ask him "That's great and all but can you please just retire already?"

Kevin Dunn says pryo, smoke and projections will allow for “a big, beautiful entrance, better than WrestleMania.”

The Venn diagram of "quotes that sounds like WWE people" and "quotes that sound like Trump" is almost a perfect circle.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some of the stuff they will be doing :

Lazors, camera drones, content on the roof, projections on top of the roof and floor, arena sounds, better entrances, 1000 of fans on 1000 of led boards or so in rows.  Said to be bigger than Wrestlemania

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The Venn diagram of "quotes that sounds like WWE people" and "quotes that sound like Trump" is almost a perfect circle.

Strowman just earnestly called Meltzer 'fake news' so you are very not wrong.

• Like 1

Thunderdome?

I swear everything WWE does to try and come across as edgy just makes them look like when you were 13 and your parents would try to be "cool" and relate to your friends

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dave probably kept that up from the days of e-mail and written correspondence. Feels the need to reply to everyone and everything in the history of existence. Only then will he finish.

9 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Thunderdome?

I swear everything WWE does to try and come across as edgy just makes them look like when you were 13 and your parents would try to be "cool" and relate to your friends

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Thunderdome?

Well, an elderly man in his mid 70's is still making most of the creative decisions.  Vince probably couldn't relate to young people fifty years ago when he was a young person.  Most stories on Vince make him out to have tunnel vision.  He's completely focused on his company, to the point that he doesn't watch tv or even have many interests outside of wrestling.  Message boards debate whether Vince is in touch with what current fans want  out of the product.  Do we really think he's more in tune with what's ""edgy" or "cool" in the mainstream.

It's probably a remarkable achievement that the company doesn't come across as more out of touch than it does.  I don't think Vince has a lot of young people in his inner circle and he seems to be inclined to ignore the input of his writers and management team much of the time.

2 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

can't we just get beyond thunderdome?

We could, but.... (dramatic pause) we don't need another hero.

Kind of hoping “virtual fans” are AI bots designed to boo and cheer at the correct moments as opposed to videos of actual real people.

Although I can imagine bots ultimately getting bored with 3 hour Raws and turning against the product as well.

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Haha 1