DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Jesus Christ, that Chris Charlton food thread is just chock full of amazing stories like Baba being too good for McDonald's until Koshinaka pleads with him to eat the fish fillet and Baba says it's the best thing he's ever had. Joshi wrestling basically seems tragic in every regard. A lot of it has to do with men running the system. I know a lot of the legends operate smaller promotions but it would be nice if a woman owned and operated a promotion the size of Stardom. 

But yeah, bull dick, Masa doing unspeakable things to a woman on the roof of a hotel, training with the windows closed in the summer, so much crazy shit. Gen-chan. Thanks for sharing that. 

Edited by Jiji

4 hours ago, Custos said:

For as spot-on as his creative and business choices have been over the years, Jericho’s common-sense judgement leaves something to be desired  if his openness to loony conspiracies isn’t a podcast gimmick, and based on this fucking idiotic concert. 

Well put.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:43 AM, AxB said:

How to torture an indie wrestling commentary team:

1. Find an unknown guy and change his name to "Valentine Blake"
  2. Book him in a 4 corners match with Blake Christian, Christian Casanova and Casanova Valentine
11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Chris Jericho appears to have done a concert.

In the middle of a pandemic.

No social distance, No masks in sight.

This may sound like a joke, but I'm dead serious when I say Jericho is going to kill more people than his buddy Benoit could have ever dreamed.

Messed up the quote boxes, but JR would also be fucked by such a mess.

And Jericho isn’t killing anyone. The demon possessing him is.

10 hours ago, hobo joe said:

Bands such as:

Molly Hatchet, The Guess Who, Trapt, Smashmouth, Nightranger, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Buckcherry, Saliva, Drowning Pool (w/o the dead guy), Lit, 38 Special, Quiet Riot, Reverend Horton Heat, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, and more!

Seriously though, AEW should take Jericho off TV for a few weeks so they don't kill Orange Cassidy

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Yeah, that stood out to me as well.

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Joshi wrestling basically seems tragic in every regard. A lot of it has to do with men running the system. I know a lot of the legends operate smaller promotions but it would be nice if a woman owned and operated a promotion the size of Stardom. 

The legends running smaller promotions isn't by choice. Many of them either have too much vanity involved or don't know what they are doing booking wise. One of the big issues people had with the scene in the mid 2000s was those legends kind of holding down the at the time current generation. I don't see any female run promotions getting to Stardom's size without decent changes in how they operate.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

"nobody's breaking any laws"  is the defense of stupidity.  I love Jericho as a performer and his mind for the business but outside of wrestling he seems like a dummy. 

I’m starting to think his gimmick in AEW isn’t so much a gimmick.

• Like 2

On top of the regular stupidity/immorality of playing a show in the middle of a pandemic, it’s also insanely selfish to do this, and risk infection, the week before you have a huge, heavily-promoted TV main event.

12 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Death by Fozzy concert. That exists in 2020. 

Let me check my 2020 bingo card... No it's not on there surprisingly. 

Seriously though, I'm one of the biggest Jerichoholics on the board, but this is incredibly disappointing. Is AEW live or taped this week? I know he'll get tested so fingers crossed, but jeopardising one of the bigger matches of his AEW run and the welfare of his colleagues just to perform for a bunch of bikers is so so stupid.

• Like 3

Tony had really clearly dubbed in lines on commentary this past week, so I believe this upcoming week is live (pal). I'm sure OC is loving all of this.

Jericho is an amazing pro wrestler and an egomaniacal idiot. 

Edited by Jiji

15 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I've heard that too (maybe it was here actually), but I think her weight naturally fluctuates. She was skinny post wrestling (when people first started freaking out that was her), but years ago for her retirement show, she was much bigger than lady golfer Bull Nakano. Now she's super slim more than ever before.

She intentionally fattened up for her retirement show.

• Thanks 1

Koshinaka ‘In Sapporo we were in this place with Tenryu and Choshu. They called me over and they had these big, 700ml beer steins right? Only they’d filled them up with wine. “Koshinaka, C’mere and drink these”.’

‘Next thing I remember I’m laid out in my room clutching the hotel phone receiver. I think I was probably trying to call for help’

That is both terrible hazing and terribly funny

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

"nobody's breaking any laws"  is the defense of stupidity.  I love Jericho as a performer and his mind for the business but outside of wrestling he seems like a dummy. 

Though it is still one step above "it's my constitutional right". Funny thing is, people using that argument often don't really know, what the constitution guarantees and what not (at least over here).

• Like 1

I still can't get over "were not breaking any laws" FFS. I saw the mayor of Sturgis on CNN talking about the rally a couple weeks ago, and he casually mentioned that he was trying to be as safe as possible both as mayor and at "his day job." HIS DAY JOB. 

Listen, Chris Jericho is a top five guy for me, been following him since WCW when I was a kid, yada yada yada, but that dude is an absolute dolt. 

The only things that would make this ok for me are:

1) Fozzy couldn't get out of the booking (doubtful)

2) the OC match has already been taped (doubtful as noted earlier in the thread)

3) whatever test AEW uses can accurately detect the virus in his body if it is present between now and Wednesday even if he is asymptomatic. I legitimately do not know if this technology exists, so I file this under doubtful as well.

I should note that this is from strictly a "you blew up next week's main event you absolute moron" perspective; I feel that the moral culpability and fucked updedness of being actively involved in a mass gathering speaks for itself. 

• Like 2