DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

28 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

My local place had Royal Rumble 1992 and everything WWF from 97 to 2000, but the specialty grocer on the other side of town had tons of 90's All Japan and New Japan bootlegs. I had to learn katakana to rent them so the whole endeavor was worthwhile.

I bought NJPW and Noah tv block tapes from J-Town on Steeles Ave @ the 404 in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Godfrey said:

My local place had Royal Rumble 1992 and everything WWF from 97 to 2000, but the specialty grocer on the other side of town had tons of 90's All Japan and New Japan bootlegs. I had to learn katakana to rent them so the whole endeavor was worthwhile.

I inherited a large collection of wrestling tapes that included a ton of bootleg tapes that my buddy had bought from an Asian grocer. I haven't gone through them yet, with the exception of an early NOAH tape that I randomly selected. The first show on the tape was a Halloween episode where the whole roster dressed up in costumes that concealed their identities. I was so confused at first. It took me a good half hour before I realized that it was a special event, and that NOAH didn't start out as a furry-themed comedy promotion. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, olythegreat89 said:

EPFaViqXUAIQM7D.jpg

Video store memories

It's funny that I have all of these at my disposal on the WWE Network in probably higher quality but I would give anything to go back and flip through the tapes at my local video store.

Whether it was a new video or one I had seen ten times...  so many fond memories. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

EfJulrIWsAAAaIQ?format=jpg&name=small

I HATE HATE HATE the "Getty Images" crawl over amazing photos, I found a brilliant set of photos of Adorable Adrian Street dressed complete in his wrasslin drag, standing beside his Father who looked like a salt of the Earth, tough as nails old man who had worked his entire life as a Coal Miner. The juxtaposition between the both complimented the Black and White Photos....except that Getty Images crawl was a pain in the arse.

adrian-street-welsh-professional-wrestle

Edited by damnnearfonzie
Dat
  • Like 2

How was Kamala in Japan,  I know he talked about how Abdullah tried to keep other Black wrestlers out of Japan. I'm surprised he didn't get a serious push over there considering he was a monster. Imagine he'd be able to show more of his abilities as a worker in Japan

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's funny that I have all of these at my disposal on the WWE Network in probably higher quality but I would give anything to go back and flip through the tapes at my local video store.

Whether it was a new video or one I had seen ten times...  so many fond memories. 

Same here. Still remember the WWF and WCW VHS tapes I rented from video shops and the movies as well.

• Like 1