DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 30: Brunson vs. Shahbazyan (8/1/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

Edi1NrOUwAM9CJb.jpeg?1595449051

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 30: Brunson vs. Shahbazyan 
August 1, 2020
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Derek Brunson (186) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.5) - Brunson, TKO (punches), R3 (0:26)
Joanne Calderwood (126) vs. Jennifer Maia (124.5) - Maia, SUB (armbar), R1 (4:29)
Vicente Luque (170.5) vs. Randy Brown (170.5) - Luque, KO (knee and punches), R2 (4:56)
Landon Vannata (155.5) vs. Bobby Green (156) - Green, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Frankie Saenz (136) vs. Jonathan Martinez (140.5)* - Martinez, TKO (strikes), R3 (0:57)
Johnny Muñoz (145.5) vs. Nathan Maness (144.5) - Maness, DEC (unanimous)
Jamall Emmers (146) vs. Vincent Cachero (145) - Emmers, DEC (unanimous)
Chris Gutierrez (135.5) vs. Cody Durden (135.5) - DRAW (unanimous)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Vicente Luque
Performance of the Night: Jennifer Maia
Fight of the Night: Landon Vannata vs. Bobby Green

Just now, Jiji said:

Absolutely love it. So unlike the other. 

I feel like Ed Herman is the perhaps weirdest job for life guys they currently have on the roster. He's always just successful enough to stick around. Herman is basically a gatekeeper for low level prospects save for that one time he fought Krylov, who then went into the fight with Misha Cirkunov. With that said, if GM3 can win, that will be the best scalp on his resume in the UFC.

• jaedmc pinned this topic

Kind of feel bad for Frankie Saenz. Outside of a little bitof clinch work in the first, he just had nothing for the guy. Kind of looked like he should have ducked this one altogether, really.

• Like 2

Holy shit, what? Issues from a weight cut? I almost feel like we're lucky if it's that. Sounds horrible. 

I'm just starting the show but man, I figured it out. Jason Herzog talks like a morning soft rock DJ when he's talking to the fighters. 

Emmers styled on Cachero. Super impressive.

Edited by Jiji

Just now, Jiji said:

Holy shit, what? Issues from a weight cut? I almost feel like we're lucky if it's that. Sounds horrible. 

I'm just starting the show but man, I figured it out. Jason Herzog talks like a morning soft rock DJ when he's talking to the fighters. 

I believe Fitz said it might have been nerves. 

• Like 1