DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - 60 GAMES TO SAVE THE WORLD

Dolfan in NYC

Again - if Soto is testing negative on all tests immediately after his positive (which are reports are he is) then said other Nat has a false positive too

That says more about the flaws in the testing system than anything the team is doing

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That says more about the flaws in the testing system than anything the team is doing

That's impossible.  I've been told we have the best testing, the best testing anyone has ever seen.  People are saying how incredible our testing is!

• Like 5

And he was out in the middle of nowhere, too. Very sparsely populated section he was in. I thought it was super deliberate that they showed him, and figured someone would say something about it, but no go.

Mary Hart and Burt Sugarman were in their usual seats, as was Dennis Gilbert, but no Larry King. His seats are right next to Mary Hart's. 

In wrestling related news, I saw a quick video of the ChiSox cutouts and I saw Frank The Clown!

Edited by grilledcheese

Not sure if that's better or worse than me witnessing the O's be down 10-0 in the 4th inning. If last night was so 2020 tonight feels almost normal now. But I still love them. And hey, my neighbor growing up is commentating tonight so that's cool. 

• Like 2

results inconclusive on the first test of the Free Baserunner Extra Innings Gimmick, as both teams just walk the bases loaded to set up force plays and neither team bunts, and Matt Olson interferes with science by hitting a walk off grand slam

here's a fun thought:   you could theoretically walk the first batter in extra innings, then if the next guy hits into a triple play you've had a 2 batter inning. ?

here's another one:  you could declare an intentional walk for that first batter, then if the next guy hits into a triple play on the first pitch, you'd have had an entire inning with only ONE officially recorded pitch thrown. ?

these must be the unlikely pie in the sky best case scenarios that Manfred and his brain squad envisioned when they thought this would IMPROVE PACE OF PLAY~!

That was the most Oakland A's thing ever.

Baseball: Extra innings will start with a runner on second.

Baseball commentariat: This is gonna make smallball and the ability to execute it critical.

Oakland A's: Fuck you *walks the bases loaded and hits a walkoff grand slam*

Cleveland wore their road uniforms at home last night as the still review whether they are changing their name or not (wearing road uniforms at home would lean towards, they will change)

Also Shane Bieber struck out 14 in 6 innings. It set the record for most Ks on Opening Day without allowing a run

EDIT - apparently the players were the ones who proposed the idea of wearing the roadies at home. There are league rules against doing it so everyone is wondering if MLB will say something if they try it again

if you want to know how the Giants season already is going, today Jon Miller is filling time with anecdotes about Sparky Lyle and umpire Ken Kaiser moonlighting as professional wrestlers.

(Lyle lost his wrestling career when he was unmasked and MLB thus found out about the moonlighting, btw)

27 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

if you want to know how the Giants season already is going, today Jon Miller is filling time with anecdotes about Sparky Lyle and umpire Ken Kaiser moonlighting as professional wrestlers.

(Lyle lost his wrestling career when he was unmasked and MLB thus found out about the moonlighting, btw)

That has to be based on the idea that he doesn't have any anecdotes on this ridiculous roster of "Who the fuck are theys?" though, right?

I'm only halfway paying attention, and on the LAD feed, but this is the first time in this series that SFG has looked like a real baseball team. Hits from damn near everyone, and the starter did his job and the pen has put up zeroes thus far. One would think that he and Flemming or whoever he's with today could find some nice things to say about their guys.

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Friend of mine came across this gem:

Jimmy Leyland was always entertaining. Not quite as funny as Lasorda's meltdown about Dave Kingman, but close.