DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/22/2020

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Awesome show. Hell of a way to kick it off with Cody/Kingston, sick tacks bump and dug the finish coming off Kingston selling the knee throughout the match. Falls Count Anywhere was a blast, loved that and the finish looked spectacular. Archer tossing the dude through the ceiling was the absolute best. Great to see Ivelisse, always a favorite of mine. Kind of surprised she didn't go over but I enjoyed the match and I like Diamante too .Would like to see both signed. Solid main event, Jungle Boy's rana at the end taking out Ortiz and Santana was amazing. Totally wasn't even thinking about Guevara so that was a neat surprise I didn't see coming. Good stuff. 

That spot was incredible.  Nothing was going to beat the finish of the FCA match but that spot came close.

• Like 1

So far next week is:

1. Diamante challenging Hikaru Shida  for the AEW women's championship
  2. Inner Circle vs. Best Friends & Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus (awes, Marko)
  3. Kenny & Hangmin vs. Wait & See Uno/Grayson
  4. Cage & Starks vs. Darby & Moxley

This week and next week have the potential to top their specials they've just done. God damn. #4 looks soooo good on paper. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Cody has another open challenge next week as well. And Arn said they're going to War.

Wrestling Association R (WAR) aka the Tenryu Project or Wrestling And Respect (WAR) out of Lima, Ohio?

Edited by J.T.

lol imagine thinking Jon Moxley was excited about a goober like Warhorse when it was clearly going to be Eddie Kingston. I am the Shadow now!

He was trending in the US shortly after the match, too. I think the hashtag was something like SignEddieKingston.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I say we send Tony Khan a fruit basket if Kingston gets signed. 

There were a lot of Puerto Ricans on the show tonight.  #BoricuasCollectiveBargaining.

I will never get over the Butcher human lawn darting one of the Young Bucks into his own likeness painted on the trailer door of that truck.

Lance Archer put a man THROUGH THE CEILING~! I am still in disbelief.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

I marked out for Eddie Kingston showing up. That was such a great promo at the start. I loved all the shots he was taking at Arn Anderson. It's probably too early to envision a new Horsemen-esq stable led by Tully with Spears, FTR, and Kingston though. Anyway what a great match. On twitter earlier in the day there was this great promo of Eddie talking about how you need to dig two graves...one for you and one for him when you fight him. I loved the whole "you don't know what real grit is" line to Cody. It going No DQ and them beating on each other like it was in some small VFW Hall was amazing. Didn't expect the thumbtacks much less Cody taking a powerbomb onto them.

If NJPW can give us Mox vs. Suzuki, AEW must do Mox vs. Kingston. The promos from those two alone would be great.

Speaking of crazy, The Bucks vs. Butcher/Blade was insane. That was a PPV quality brawl and I just loved it starting in the kitchen. It kinda felt like watching a real life old Smackdown PS2 game backstage level come to life.

Top to bottom is really was a great show. Even loved the return of Sammy. Inner Circle vs. Best Friends & Jungle Express would be a hell of a Blood and Guts war game match if they build to that.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jiji said:

So far next week is:

1. Diamante challenging Hikaru Shida  for the AEW women's championship

When did they announce it was for the title?

Gotta agree with everyone else, that was a solid two hour show. Butcher and Blade are definately the MVPs of the night, they just get better and better every week.

Didn't really care for the women's mirror match.

I did spot the surprise ending a mile away, however. Serpentico was in the crowd earlier with a differently colored mask/outfit, and this one had way thicker arms. Right after the attack happened I knew it was going to be Sammy.

51 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Lance Archer put a man THROUGH THE CEILING~! I am still in disbelief.

I've been on his bandwagon since he went by a different last name. Now I am vindicated. Through the motherfucking ceiling!!! Let's see Okada do that!!!

• Like 2

Seems that way, although I’m not thrilled if that’s the route they’re going to go to crown their first women’s tag champions. Within kayfabe, IMO, it’d be better to let the women team with who they want, rather than a random draw that leads to “wacky” teams like Britt & Swole.

EDIT: apparently it’s not to crown the women’s tag champs - so I’m okay with this format. I swear the first tweet I saw about it mentioned that, though.

Edited by Casey

6 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

Another great promo for AEW twitter. Watch the match first before this.

Man both of Kingston's promos last night were great. Looks like he lost some weight too.

I think Cody should take a week off to sell the tacks bump. Overall, fun match. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2