DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Not at the level of wishing someone suffer a career ending injury. Sprained ankles, broken fingers, broken nose, even a kick in the nuts, I'm okay with that sort of thing.  If any of those happen to Dwight, I'm okay with that.  All in one game, wouldn't be bad...but like I said, I wish him no ill-will.

What about a fan rushing the court and climbing the backboard and nailing him with a tornillo?

That would be pretty great!  A tornillo or a back-cracker I would approve of.

Lakers are now 6-7 and thanks to the shitty Eastern Conference, I'm only slightly excited about all the top college players. Right now though they'd end up somewhere in the 10-14 spot since I don't think they'll get in the playoffs unless 3-4 teams ahead of them fall apart, which is possible.  Still this upcoming draft is way better than this past year's and I could see getting someone good.

I have enjoyed this year's team more than last year's. Team plays with a little more effort and they are sticking to D'Antoni's offensive game plan. Also, D'Antoni isn't as awful as Mike Brown. He's gotten more out of this group than I think anyone would have expected.  This year's team has a nice mix of role players. If they could keep the core of them and add a couple of key FAs and draft a good player this could be a quick turnaround.

I've been pleased so far.  They're getting destroyed more than I'd like, but they're beating the teams that matter (Clippers, Houston, GS).  And they rolled the dice on some younger players instead of relying on veterans on the way out (cough, Kamen, cough.)  I was saying at the beginning of the season that if LA can stay at .500 until Kobe gets back, they should be okay.  And barring a Kobe setback or a long losing streak, that's about where they'll be.

Now if they can just get some confidence on the road.

This is the same forum that wishes Davey Richards never gets picked up by the WWE(pretty much crushing his dream of becoming a superstar), right?

General consensus is Davey in WWE will/would be improved over Indy Davey.

Also, Flint has a higher murder per capita than anywhere else, fwiw.

According to A-Woj:

If Rose decides to reattach the meniscus – usually the route taken by young players – he'll be expected to miss the rest of the regular season. To clip off the meniscus is a riskier long-term issue, but could have Rose back in one to two months.

Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook suffered a torn right lateral meniscus in the Western Conference playoffs in April, and had the procedure to reattach it. He finally returned early this season.