DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Sixers/Cavs last night was awesome. They just do not quit. MCW put up another crazy stat line. That kid REALLY good. I'm so glad he'll be playing where I live for the next few years. Even more importantly, Evan Turner had another really good game. I can't wait for Hinkie to trade him to some team with a dumb dumb GM who will ignore his body of work so far and concentrate on this hot little run. I''m not looking forward to Sixers talk on sports radio when people will decry that trade thinking ET will make them a championship-level team. Hawes, too. I'll miss Thad Young since he's been a good player since Day 1 but gotta do what you gotta do.I don't know if this resurgence, though, shows how good a coach Brett Brown is or how terrible Doug Collins is. It's probably both.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Nash in Toronto for a season not giving a fuck and getting crazy hometown pops every time he set foot on the court.  But he would probably kill himself trying to get them into the playoffs.

In a just world he'd be playing 12 minutes a game for the Heat shooting 3s and throwing lobs to LeBron.

The sad thing is that the warning signs of Nash's decline were pretty obvious the past 2-3 years in Phoenix. He spent so much time laying down on the floor when he was out of the game and Phoenix usually had a backup who played behind him like Dragic that the Lakers took a pretty big gamble sign-and-trading for him.

The concern I had when they first got him was that, while I liked the move, who was going to play the minutes when he was sitting because at that time Steve Blake had been a bust (he's redeemed himself since D'Antoni took over) and you also had Kobe getting up there in years.  Having decent backups was essential and they didn't have them last year.

Lakers took a big risk thinking they could contend the past 2 years and gave up a lot to do it. Now you have a mediocre team that if Nash is out & if they can keep Kobe out longer, can hit rock bottom.  They have a shot at a top 5 lottery pick right now.  Some of these other teams like the Pistons, Nuggets, Nets, Knicks, Bulls, need to pick it up and let the Lakers get closer to that top 3 spot.

Shockingly and secretly loaded schedule tonight.

1) MEMPHIS VS. INDIANA -- I love, love, LOVE the Grizzlies. They've been my favorite team the past few years. I love the Grit'n'Grind guys. Zach and Marc are two of my favorite players ever. I also love Conley. My favorite part is that the music selection at their games is very agreeable to my music tastes -- wondering when they'll get around to playing Big Star or Reigning Sound (who are Nashville but still, a boy can dream). I also love that the crowd chanted "Whoop That Trick" as a rallying cry -- nothing like seeing old, rich white women in the front rows chanting a phrase that means "Beat that prostitute" in a movie about a pimp trying to make it big in the rap game. The Pacers are an absolute joy to watch for any diehard hoops head like yours truly. To the naked and inexperienced eye, they're kind of a snooze. But their defensive rotations and the like are just insanely great. Paul George is looking like a borderline MVP guy, too boot. Best team in the league right now and an absolute potential NBA finals team if Granger returns and gives them some more depth.

2) SPURS VS. SIXERS -- I can't believe the Sixers are now Must See TV. I would never have thought that in a million, billion years. But they're pretty much THE League Pass team right now. I love them so much and am really excited for Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes to continue their run so they can get flipped to some dumb dumb team for some draft picks. Too bad the Knicks don't have any draft picks until 2032 and they also have absolutely no young players worth touching or else they'd be there already. Odds are the Spurs rock the Six Show tonight but back-to-back nights aren't anything Popovich loves dealing with this early in the season, although none of his big players had too many minutes since they romped on NY last night. Either way, I want to see the Sixers throw some haymakers. MCW! MCW! MCW!

3) WOLVES VS. CLIPS -- Wolves looked like world beaters last night. Love's 80-foot outlet pass to Corey Brewer last night is the early contender for best pass of the year -- it's either that or that ridiculous behind-the-back from Iguadola against the Sixers. "He's Megatron to my Stafford." Awesome. Rubio is always a must-watch, as is Kevin Martin right now who has been fantastic. I kind of hate the Clippers -- they're like a mini-heat in terms of whining to refs, but nowhere near as bad as Wade, but who is? -- but they're still amazing to watch when they're running.