DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

With Melo heading into free agency, the Knicks need to be better than average this season to keep his attention.  Early, of course, but it's not looking good so far.

Bulls Vs. Pacers should be fun tonight.  Apparently, the league told Derrick Rose to stop wearing neck tape.  He says he does not know why either.  What the hell?

I guess Indiana used up all the defense, because there is none in this Dallas-OKC game.

Edit:  I would not be shocked if Steven Adams ends up taking the bulk of Kendrick Perkins' minutes by the end of the year.  That kid looked great tonight.

With Melo heading into free agency, the Knicks need to be better than average this season to keep his attention. Early, of course, but it's not looking good so far.Bulls Vs. Pacers should be fun tonight. Apparently, the league told Derrick Rose to stop wearing neck tape. He says he does not know why either. What the hell?

No they don't. They need to just let him go. I don't think you can win with that guy.

I don't know that anyone would want to take on such a big expiring contract anyone, especially with no guarantee that he'd stay.  All of the bottom level teams are in tank mode this year, so I don't see anyone wanting to bring a superstar into the fold.

That was really fun watching the Philadelphia press gang-up on Andrew Bynum this afternoon.  Bynum looked so thrilled to be out there and trying to defend his stealing of $16 million from the Sixers while never playing a game for them last year, all because he was a fucking dumb ass and decided to go bowling while recovering from knee surgery. 

And he definitely comes across as a guy who'll end up on 30 for 30's "Broke 3" documentary in five years, so even then he won't have the last laugh.

Dwight Howard still looks the same as he did with the Lakers late last season. Rockets are a younger team but they have very similar issues to what the Lakers had last season with their inability to guard the perimeter and Dwight can't play with another big that doesn't have range.

Its sad watching Nash right now. He hasn't looked good at all this season. Can't remember the last time the Lakers had anything resembling a bench. This bench is like 100x better than anything they've had the past 4-5 years. 

There were a couple of bad plays late in the game by both teams that were really bad. That near turnover by Meeks to Nash that was saved by Wes Johnson. WOW. 

I just love that Dwight lost the game for Houston for so many reasons:  blowing his free throws, calling for the out of bounds pass and then GETTING it only to get hacked immediately, and then realizing who the open man was too late when Blake sank the game winner.

SO glad the camera went to Howard complaining to Lin as they exited the court. 

I know this season is a lost cause, but shit, just as long as they beat the teams that matter, that'll help.

Hell, the ragtag Lakers have the same record as the "contending" Clippers now.

LOL at that Rockets game.  Hack a Dwight, Dwight yelling at Lin, Harden yelling at Lin, the worst perimeter defense in the NBA, Dwight only getting the ball in the post in bad spots and the utter disgust on Shaq and Chuck's faces at halftime.

Lin didn't even play horrible or anything, but they need a PG something fierce.

Houston has a lot of problems. They have a lot of players who do not look like they like each other on the court. Harden both need the ball in their hands at all times and neither really does anything w/o the ball. Howard and Asik can't play together. Howard was giving Lin crap last night about missing his player on the game winning shot. Harden doesn't guard a thing.Not saying the team is done since it's super early but this could implode.

I think you have to assume that Asik gets flipped in the next 6 weeks or so.  If they can turn him into a 3-and-D perimeter guy that helps out immensely.  The twin towers approach really screws up their spacing and just isn't tenable.