DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

8 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Well, there has been the underlying question of what jurisdiction the DC AG has since the Commanders play in Maryland and are headquartered in Virginia.

I've heard a couple of different lawyer types on the radio today and the basic the most likely guess is it is either about misappropriation of funds (ie: misclassifying revenue) or more likely it is around them screwing fans over (since they loved to not pay season ticket holders back their deposits)

Either way - what happens is that the DC AG makes a recommendation to the Federal Government who then takes over and can proceed with criminal charges

• Like 1

Unsurprisingly - the media (local and national) is absolutely destroying Washington right now for their statement.

Mainly for dragging Brian Robinson into it

Oh and Brian Robinson's agent is fucking pissed

Despite the headline - this is the most important part

Racine’s office said it also will seek a court order to force the NFL to release the findings of a previous investigation, conducted by attorney Beth Wilkinson, into the team’s workplace.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Despite the headline - this is the most important part

I'm not sure how the AG would have the authority to try and compel the release of that report. 

34 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I'm not sure how the AG would have the authority to try and compel the release of that report. 

Hell, I'm not sure there's any kind of real legal argument in the whole thing.  There's no direct correlation between lying about a toxic workplace and fans spending money on the franchise.  I mean, is he going to go after, say, WWE for what Vince and Johnny did?  Is he going to go after Activision for what happened under Bobby Kotick's watch?  If he really wanted to go after something in the DC area that had a toxic workplace and was defrauding customers he should have gone after WMATA.

If you wanted to play conspiracy theory maybe the main reason why this came out because they knew that Richie Rich and Jason Wright would do something really really stupid reacting to this.  And boy did they.   But like previous said, this is a serious stretch of a lawsuit and in reality one of the few times that Goddell and Snyder would probably work together on stopping

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hammerva said:

so apparently the Commanders decided to honor Sean Taylor being the 15 year anniversary of his muder with a big ceremony.  of an oversized Sean Taylor mannequin.  not a statue a mannequin.  needless to say people aren't happy 

So apparently it's...transportable?  Really???  They're going to take it with them to every game???

What is fascinating about the Commanders is they keep committing totally unforced errors. They could have just announced and done *nothing* and no one would have said anything, but by announcing and over-hyping a clearly poorly thought out display, now they are getting shit again. They just can't stay out of their own way.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tabe said:

This is my favorite line, that they "failed to disclose that a company it regularly lists on governmental filings as one it owes money to is owned by team owner Dan Snyder."

• Haha 2