DVDVR Message Board

The Washington Commanders Can Fuck Right Off

hammerva

Of course - the bigger thing was Del Rio doubled down on his comments during a press conference which I am sure the organization was thrilled about

The biggest fallout from the Del Rio mess is that now Virginia lawmakers are using it as an excuse to not vote for the stadium deal.   I say excuse because I am sure there are a dozen other legit reason why they don't want it

• Like 2

Well the VA Senate Majority Leader said today he's pulling the stadium bill.

And I believe the DC Council has said in the past couple of days they don't want the Commanders in DC.

So, really, at this point they're probably just going to be stuck in Landover still.  Or maybe they'll move to West Virginia.

• Like 2

BTW - the President of the NAACP has called for Del Rio to be fired (or for Del Rio to resign)

I am expecting the team to announce that they are gonna honor Sean Taylor every week or something to try and distract everyone from this week

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/9/2022 at 11:19 AM, RIPPA said:

I am expecting the team to announce that they are gonna honor Sean Taylor every week or something to try and distract everyone from this week

They'll make sure to invite Brittany and Jackson Mahomes every week just to be safe.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ron Rivera announced that Jack Del Rio has been fined 100K for his comments

Money will go to the US Capitol Police Memorial Fund

Not harsh enough. This is a situation where he should have lost his job. One, because he's Jack Del Rio and he's not very good. But two, because spreading lies and hate about BLM is dangerous and wrong. How many of his players are going to have some anger towards him over it? How effective can he be if he's lost the players already? Weak move.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Not harsh enough. This is a situation where he should have lost his job. One, because he's Jack Del Rio and he's not very good. But two, because spreading lies and hate about BLM is dangerous and wrong. How many of his players are going to have some anger towards him over it? How effective can he be if he's lost the players already? Weak move.

Don't get me wrong, everything you said here is absolutely correct, but I think the biggest issue is that he's the coach for the team where this "lil dustup" happened.  You can run that game somewhere else, but that shit ain't going to fly with people who actually had to deal with that shit.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I really don’t have the energy to explain again what a piece of shit Dan Snyder is (especially in lieu of the details of the settlement)

But let’s not forget how much of a piece of shit Rodger Goodell is who will be defending Snyder in front of the committee today

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

As a reminder of what a shit show today is going to be

And on cue one of the questions about is about why the douchebag from Barstool isn't allowed at NFL games.  Shocking that for a hearing about the sexual harassments and assault issues with the team someone would ask why does someone with a horrible history of sexual assault and harassment is getting a raw deal

Edited by hammerva

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

From the not knowing how to read the room department 

I know we're supposed to avoid politics here so I'll just say that they know Congress isn't capable of doing shit and has shown no willingness to enforce any sort of accountability, especially for white billionaires flaunting the rules.

• Like 6